PDA

View Full Version : 50meg issues - thumbs up virgin helpline!

ozziestu
11-08-2009, 17:42
I had 50meg installed last saturday and immediately had problems with speeds, an old router issued by an inexperienced installer who left me with sub 40 meg speeds.

After lots of speed tests and reading around this forum I suspected that my connection was not up to scratch and talked today to Virgin 50meg support.

Wow! I am so impressed. After lots of tests it was established that power levels are poor, the router has probable issues and an engineer needs to visit. ok nothing too much in that BUT the guy I spoke to was polite, helpful, informative, chatty and friendly. He made me feel at ease and was a credit to Virgin. Too many people come to this forum for a moan (sometimes justified) but I have to say that its also important that good work is recognised.

Thumbs up Anthony in Liverpool - give that man an award for customer service. Outstanding Sir - Thank you.

oz

Peter_
11-08-2009, 19:43
Thank you praising a colleague and if you receive an NPS email from Virgin over the call be sure to fill it in about him.

Jabbs
11-08-2009, 20:56
I have called the 50mb department 3-4 times and every time they have been as ozziestu posted very helpful and kind and polite i would rate them all 10/10.

Spoke to a lady there once and she was fantastic went out of her way to find out problems i was having.

ozziestu
11-08-2009, 21:20
Thank you praising a colleague and if you receive an NPS email from Virgin over the call be sure to fill it in about him.

Sure will - out of interest does the operator get some recognition from the survey? Perhaps I should email virgin directly. Anyone have a contact/email to praise staff?

Peter_
11-08-2009, 22:33
Sure will - out of interest does the operator get some recognition from the survey? Perhaps I should email virgin directly. Anyone have a contact/email to praise staff?
That is what the NPS email is for but not everyone gets them and only if the is a email address registered on the account.

You could ring in on 151 and ask to speak to a manager or even on the 50Mb support line number 0800 052 0431

If you ring the best time would be after 0800 tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

I have called the 50mb department 3-4 times and every time they have been as ozziestu posted very helpful and kind and polite i would rate them all 10/10.

Spoke to a lady there once and she was fantastic went out of her way to find out problems i was having.
I think specific agents were chosen for the 50Mb line for their knowledge and customer service skills, as not many agents take 50Mb calls only a select few.