PDA

View Full Version : 50Mb AntiVirus & Firewall

Buffalo12
11-08-2009, 14:29
Having had to drop my Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 as the Firewall within it dramatically lowerrs the connection speed I have been using the Virgin PCGuard as an interim solution.

I find PCGuard is letting through too many popups etc which are becoming really very irritating.

It would be nice if people could post which A-V & Internet Security/Firewall systems they are using on 50Mbps connections.

I appreciate that the effectiveness will be dependant upon the processor speed but it would still give an insight into which I can research as it seems Kaspersky causes problems regardless of processor speed.

jcm193
11-08-2009, 14:32
Having had to drop my Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 as the Firewall within it dramatically lowerrs the connection speed I have been using the Virgin PCGuard as an interim solution.

I find PCGuard is letting through too many popups etc which are becoming really very irritating.

It would be nice if people could post which A-V & Internet Security/Firewall systems they are using on 50Mbps connections.

I appreciate that the effectiveness will be dependant upon the processor speed but it would still give an insight into which I can research as it seems Kaspersky causes problems regardless of processor speed.
Yes i noticed that as well I have had to revert back to avast free and comodo firewall these do not appear to affect my connecton.

broadbandking
11-08-2009, 18:54
Comodo offer a free antivirus and firewall package which is very good, I am currently using this with my 20Mb connection but did also use it with no problems, when I had the 50Mb connection

musicbravo
11-08-2009, 19:07
I find AVAST antivirus good and don't bother with software firewall as am through a firewalled router and AVAST picks up port exploits.

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

+ you wont be bugged by COMODO's pain in the backside approach to learning and notification

Ben B
11-08-2009, 19:17
I find AVAST antivirus good and don't bother with software firewall as am through a firewalled router and AVAST picks up port exploits.

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

+ you wont be bugged by COMODO's pain in the backside approach to learning and notification

You should really also have a software firewall, what if you download a virus by mistake and it attempts to download things to your computer, you wont be able to stop it unless Avast catches it which you can't always rely on.

Ben :)

musicbravo
11-08-2009, 20:44
Too true, but Avast hasn't missed anything yet