PDA

View Full Version : Virgin landline dead after number change

irishguymcr
09-08-2009, 23:22
Hi

I'm having an absolute nightmare with virginmedia with my landline, this is what's been going on:

On 1/8/09 I called customer services in the morning as getting nuisance calls and got offshore customer services and was advised to contact TPS, I advised was already on it and that these are not DMA calls, she wouldn't do anything for me so I called retentions and they arranged for a free number change and put me throught to UK customer services to do this for me where I was given a new number.

On 2/8/09 I called faults as my line was dead and was advised it will take 8 days, I advised this unacceptable and asked for a manager, I was put through to one after holding for a further 20 mins and he said this would be resolved by 7pm and advised me that if I wanted to speak to someone in the UK to keep calling as he would do nothing more for me. I called back and got connected to an offshore customer care agent who advised me that he could
not connect me to UK and that the UK "lie as much as India" he also made threats with relation to my bill. After this call I logged a complaint on the virginmedia website. Strangely enough 20 minutes later my phone rang and I answered it assuming that the number change had gone through, it hadn't it was my old number, and the call was a nuisance call.

I called through to the faults department, offshore again, who advised me that this was not a fault and there was nothing they would do and after I demanded to speak with a manager I was put through to a lovely lady in offshore customer services. She advised that the number change had not been completed properly by UK customer services and that she would put it through correctly and that it would be fixed by 3/8/09.

On the 3/8/09 my line was still dead but due to working hours was unable to call UK virginmedia retentions until 5/8/09 and when I did I spoke to someone in retentions who said the order had not been put through correctly and did it himself and advised would be working in 24 hours.

On the 6/8/09 I called as the line was still dead and was put through to faults who advised me that this was not a fault and that it takes 48 hours for a number change so I advised him I would call retentions as this is not acceptable. I called Retentions and demanded that someone takes charge of this and gets my phone line working and the agent I spoke to was very helpful and took control of the problem. He advised me that the old number has not been closed down properly and the new number not provisioned properly. He called 2nd line faults and advised me that the old number will close properly at midnight and the new number will be activated and agreed to call me back on the 7/8/09.

On the 7/8/09 I got a callback, the line still dead, so he advised me that this has now been passed to the IT department as the old number is not closing down properly and the new number will not connect to my phone and that this would be resolved by Saturday 8/8/09, he advised me he would call me back on my mobile on Monday 10/8/09 to see if this has been resolved as he is off over the weekend.

On the 8/8/09 the line still dead and as off tonight 9/8/09 it is still dead so I will await the callback tomorrow. Let's hope it can be sorted tomorrow.

All I want is my landline up and running again, with the new number, and just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

irishguymcr
10-08-2009, 23:44
Well once again I get let down by another person in Virginmedia as no callback received and I didn't have time to call them :(

irishguymcr
11-08-2009, 12:31
I called this morning and spoke to Retentions and got another agent who spoke to faults who advised him this is not a fault and the order has not been processed, I tried to explain that this has been the ongoing problem but he has decided to take charge and to put through the order again, I told him that I have no confidence that this will resolve my issue but he was adamant that this would fix it so I agreed to give one last chance.

This is now getting beyond a joke 10 days and no telephone service and I need my landline now as I need to call some 0800 numbers and there are no payphones near where I live and it costs a lot of money on my mobile so I can't use that. All I seem to get is the same thing everytime I call so have decided that if not resolved I'm going to email the CEO office.

Does anyone on cableforum have the email address for the CEO department?

Druchii
11-08-2009, 12:57
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/33653901-ceo-email-addys-site.html

sparky621
11-08-2009, 12:58
I know this doesn't solve the phone line problem but if you desperately need to call the 0800 numbers have you thought about Skype or another VOIP provider. I'm sure Skype don't charge for 0800s (can't check as I'm behind a firewall at mo!).

Druchii
11-08-2009, 13:11
I know this doesn't solve the phone line problem but if you desperately need to call the 0800 numbers have you thought about Skype or another VOIP provider. I'm sure Skype don't charge for 0800s (can't check as I'm behind a firewall at mo!).
Courtesy of: http://www.skype.com/prices/callrates/
United Kingdom-Toll Free € 0.000 € 0.000

irishguymcr
11-08-2009, 13:26
Cheers for the info, if I don't get a result tomorrow I'll be emailing the CEO as for Skype unfortunately I don't have a Skype phone at the moment so would be unable to call anyone but will keep my eyes open for one in case this goes on for long time.

Druchii
11-08-2009, 13:30
Cheers for the info, if I don't get a result tomorrow I'll be emailing the CEO as for Skype unfortunately I don't have a Skype phone at the moment so would be unable to call anyone but will keep my eyes open for one in case this goes on for long time.
You have a PC right?
And a microphone and headphones? :)

Skype via PC is what i thought he meant.

Ben B
11-08-2009, 13:30

A microphone/headset would be adequate :)

sparky621
11-08-2009, 14:03
Yep, thats all I use. Laptop, cheap mike and earphones. Great when abroad and staying in hotel with free WiFi :D

irishguymcr
12-08-2009, 12:53
Looks like I'm going to have to go out and buy a microphone and headphones for my laptop as no callback received (What a Surprise !!!) and when I called been given the same line that it should be working.

IS THERE NO COMPETENT STAFF IN VIRGINMEDIA ????

How hard can it be to change a number and give a customer an active line, I just told the last guy I spoke to if not sorted today that I'm calling BT and getting a line installed and billing Virginmedia for any charges as 11 days without service was total breach of contract.

Ben B
12-08-2009, 14:20
Have you tried virginmedia.support.telephony on the newsgroups?

MovedGoalPosts
12-08-2009, 14:35
irishguy, if you want Cable Forum to try and escalate this to our VM contacts, who have been able to troubleshoot effectively in the past, please PM me some details. I'll need your account number, your customer name and address, and some daytime method of contact for you i.e a phone number :erm:

irishguymcr
12-08-2009, 14:36
I have tried but it doesn't seem to work with windows live and i haven't got outlook on my laptop ... i tried it yesterday and it wouldn't connect.

I'm emailing Neil Berkett now with a log of all my calls and all the people I spoke to, including the last callback where the agent was so aggressive that he reduced me to tears.

Thanks for the offer of help Rob, I have emailed Neil Berkett and I have spoken to a really nice guy in Customer Services in Bellshill and he is going to try and resolve this for me by tomorrow if I have no luck i'll PM you all my details.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

I have just had an email back from Neil Berkett saying that he is going to have someone look into this immediately for me and call me back ... fingers crossed will get this resolved now.

Druchii
12-08-2009, 16:54
I have tried but it doesn't seem to work with windows live and i haven't got outlook on my laptop ... i tried it yesterday and it wouldn't connect.

I'm emailing Neil Berkett now with a log of all my calls and all the people I spoke to, including the last callback where the agent was so aggressive that he reduced me to tears.

Thanks for the offer of help Rob, I have emailed Neil Berkett and I have spoken to a really nice guy in Customer Services in Bellshill and he is going to try and resolve this for me by tomorrow if I have no luck i'll PM you all my details.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

I have just had an email back from Neil Berkett saying that he is going to have someone look into this immediately for me and call me back ... fingers crossed will get this resolved now.
It'll get resolved fast (Well, it should...). You know what it's like having the CEO breathing down your neck ;)

irishguymcr
13-08-2009, 11:26
Just to let you know I got a callback this morning from a really nice guy from the CEO office and within 15 minutes my line was working ... result :-)

Druchii
13-08-2009, 11:33
Just to let you know I got a callback this morning from a really nice guy from the CEO office and within 15 minutes my line was working ... result :-)
Result :)

Wonder what was wrong, after all 15 minutes and it's back on... Odd?

irishguymcr
13-08-2009, 11:47
I was told someone had done something to my account and this had caused the problem so now they are having an internal investigation to find out what happened and who caused it.

It's amazing what one email to the CEO can do to get a problem sorted out so fast.