PDA

View Full Version : NTL Home 100 Modem

jabtas
08-08-2009, 10:04
Could someone tell me the max speed of this modem, we just recently upgraded to the 20meg service and even with the modem hardwired to the computer I am seeing nowhere near 20 D/L

The max I have seen is around 11-12, plus I have to keep rebooting the modem, or else it dropps down to 2 (at least once a week)

BTW - I am STILL waiting for a new modem from VM, almost 3 weeks after the upgrade and V-Box install :mad::mad::mad:

Zhadnost
08-08-2009, 10:16
The max speed of the one I had was around 2Mbit. (seriously). If you ask the same question on the newsgroup virginmedia.support.broadband.cable, they will probably send you a replacement.

Peter_
08-08-2009, 10:22
Could someone tell me the max speed of this modem, we just recently upgraded to the 20meg service and even with the modem hardwired to the computer I am seeing nowhere near 20 D/L

The max I have seen is around 11-12, plus I have to keep rebooting the modem, or else it dropps down to 2 (at least once a week)

BTW - I am STILL waiting for a new modem from VM, almost 3 weeks after the upgrade and V-Box install :mad::mad::mad:
Call in now and they will send out another modem which should arrive by midweek.

Call in on 151 from a Virgin phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other phoneline.

jabtas
08-08-2009, 10:30
I have already called twice, and the engineer that did the set top box install also called it in (or so he claims)

Zhadnost
08-08-2009, 10:53
Honestly, with queries like this you are almost guaranteed to get a better response from the newsgroups.

Sadly not all the TS reps are as professional as the gentleman above.