PDA

View Full Version : Refund Procedure ?

kirk1690
05-08-2009, 19:32
whats the procedure for claiming a pro rata refund for the amount of time my phone service has been down , I moved into this tower block 8 months ago and the cabinet on the first floor has been vandalised so many times I cant remember anymore , my line has been out 5 times probably totalling at least 2 weeks without service
, so far I have given virgin the benefit and not claimed but its getting ridiculous now they just keep sending engineers who restore line then it happens again
, caretaker is tired telling virgin to secure cabinet and your not telling me a big company like virgin cant install a vandal proof cabinet in this day and age or come up with some idea to stop this or catch the culprit , I worry for the old folk in this block who need their phone and don't have a mobile
As for the person who is doing this ,well I hope he gets his one day .

BenMcr
05-08-2009, 19:44
Any loss of service can be requested through Faults

I would have though it would be down to the owners of the Tower Block to make sure it isn't vandalised not Virgin.

Peter_
05-08-2009, 19:48
So they have a caretaker in this block of flats and the cabinet is on the first floor, so who has access to these flats anybody or just residents.

If only residents then it is down to the owners of the building to ensure that only bonafide people can gain access to the building.

xocemp
05-08-2009, 19:52
And just in case you didn't understand Ben or the regurgitation of his post.

I'd have thought the owners would be responsible for the security of that cabinet ;)

kirk1690
05-08-2009, 23:20
Any loss of service can be requested through Faults

I would have though it would be down to the owners of the Tower Block to make sure it isn't vandalised not Virgin.
the owners of the block are the council and it is a great building on the whole and has just been refurbished inside and out and landscaped outside and looks bran new but, it has modern security doors as well but of course every place has its few bad eggs , it is definitely a resident who is doing this believe it or not this is how he or she gets his or her jollies, virgin decided to put the cabinet inside the bin shute cupboard so people have access now surely the cabinet containing the telephone wires is virgin medias property and not the councils, bt wires are elsewhere and not affected now if anyone knows how we catch this lowlife let me know cause it aint easy as we have to protect the criminals human rights and apparently a camera cant be installed by the police to secretly film and the council wont pay for a legal camera as they have already spent 7 grand on each tower and their are a helluva lot round here so I still say its up to virgin to do something , encase the bloody thing in concrete , electrify it tie fifty grenades round it , install one of those big spring loaded comedy boxing gloves inside to belt the guy on the nose , JUST DO SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

kirk1690
06-08-2009, 10:27
So they have a caretaker in this block of flats and the cabinet is on the first floor, so who has access to these flats anybody or just residents.

If only residents then it is down to the owners of the building to ensure that only bonafide people can gain access to the building. It is a virgin cabinet erected BY virgin , am a talkin dutch here or whit ?

Kymmy
06-08-2009, 11:09
Does the cabinate have a lock on it? If so then VM have taken the required steps to ensure the cabinate is secure. I'm with Ben on this one especially as it's a restricted access building and probably the stance that VM will take officially. They'll only refund in matters where they are at fault and NOT beyond thier control unless it's not got a lock on it but even then they can argue the fact

AndyCambs
06-08-2009, 11:53
I'd tend to agree with the other posters here - that the fault lies with your landlord (the local authority). You should be seeking a rent reduction from them.