PDA

View Full Version : 50Mb Connections Issues

Rensin
04-08-2009, 15:54
Hey guys, hoping someone can help.

I had the 50Mb BB installed yesterday and were very happy.

Now my problem is since turning on my PC this morning i keep loosing connection every 30 - 40 mins and won't work until i restart both modem & router, I found a firmware update for the Netgear router but still having problems.

Here is a log from the modem in which i don't understand lol

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/FatLLeyton/Modem.jpg

thanks

Zhadnost
04-08-2009, 18:10
Try Calling the Dedicated Support Team. ( 0800 052 0431 ). If it's new to your area, it may have teething problems. Either way, they should know.

Peter_
04-08-2009, 19:39
Hey guys, hoping someone can help.

I had the 50Mb BB installed yesterday and were very happy.

Now my problem is since turning on my PC this morning i keep loosing connection every 30 - 40 mins and won't work until i restart both modem & router, I found a firmware update for the Netgear router but still having problems.

Just post the Downstream and Upstream power levels and ignore the page you posted.

Rensin
04-08-2009, 22:10
thanks for the replies guys

I rang the number above a couple of hours ago but got told that the problem will rectify it's self within 24 hours but my luck with VM over the last few days i highly doubt it.:mad:

Sorry for the screen shots again but i am pretty useless at this

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/FatLLeyton/Upstream.jpg

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/FatLLeyton/Downstream.jpg

Peter_
04-08-2009, 22:39
thanks for the replies guys

I rang the number above a couple of hours ago but got told that the problem will rectify it's self within 24 hours but my luck with VM over the last few days i highly doubt it.:mad:

Sorry for the screen shots again but i am pretty useless at this

Your Upstream at 58 is to high and you probably need an engineer to adjust it, I would advise calling the 50Mb number after 0800 tomorrow.

Rensin
04-08-2009, 23:10
Your Upstream at 58 is to high and you probably need an engineer to adjust it, I would advise calling the 50Mb number after 0800 tomorrow.

Sorry m8, just had to re set again lol

Can i ask what my upstream should be and is there anyway of changing it myself? as got told an engineer is not available till next week

thanks again

Peter_
05-08-2009, 06:55
Sorry m8, just had to re set again lol

Can i ask what my upstream should be and is there anyway of changing it myself? as got told an engineer is not available till next week

thanks again
It has to be adjusted in the green cabinet by the engineer so you need to get one booked.

Zhadnost
05-08-2009, 08:28
Of course if there's work going on in the network, that may affect this.

Peter_
05-08-2009, 09:05
Of course if there's work going on in the network, that may affect this.
It can be adjusted in the cabinet by an engineer and I would book one if I took the call.

Rensin
05-08-2009, 15:28
It has to be adjusted in the green cabinet by the engineer so you need to get one booked.

Seems to be working OK today with full speed, looks like VM were right:shocked:.

Do you think it is still worth a phone call for them to send an engineer to lower my upstream?

Zhadnost
05-08-2009, 16:37
That could be drift, if your US Power level hasn't dropped a fair bit, It should probably still be looked at.

Rensin
06-08-2009, 12:28
That could be drift, if your US Power level hasn't dropped a fair bit, It should probably still be looked at.

thanks, will give it a week or so to see if it lowers itself before calling.