PDA

View Full Version : letter of complaint

weemax
03-08-2009, 21:57
Hi all, i sent a letter of complaint to Virgin 4 weeks ago this Wednesday. lI am asking for my £122.50 BT charge they said they would reinburse plus I have asked for a default notice to be removed - i cant get throgh to the call centre staff at all & some of them cant even find my account :)

Does anyone have idea idea if they are even obliged to write back? They arent dead though, my bill arrived today :clap:

Peter_
03-08-2009, 22:07
If you have your bill then you can give them your account number when you call in, best time would be in the morning from 0800.

amorrd
03-08-2009, 22:12
You will more than likely get a call back even if you ask for a reply in writing. They reckon its a quicker and cheaper way to deal with complaints but IMHO its just poor complaint handling.

Did you follow the VM complaints procedure ??

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/pdf/code_of_practice_0607.pdf

Section 5.5 is the relevant bit

Incidentally I sent in a written complaint a few weeks back took around a week for them to issue a standard letter response "thanks for you letter we're looking into it". Then I got a phone call from someone in Manchester who decided the best way to resolve my complaint was to argue with me :confused:

Anyhow I would have expected to have been contacted by now, might be an idea to pen another letter. I don't think CS can tell you if your complaint is being dealt with or even received but I may be wrong. ;)

weemax
03-08-2009, 22:20
Hi guys, thanks for the help. Perhaps i should have made 1 point a little clearer, so sorry about that. When i said i couldnt get through to them, i can talk to someone but cant make them understand.

I do give them my account number - they can only find my old address. They can find my new address only when i give them my phone number. I could squeal - loudly.

I must look out the tracking info & get in touch with them again.

Worst experience of a ISP. Period. :-(

what is the best number to ring & is there any "section" i would be better speaking to?

broadbandking
03-08-2009, 23:18
Ok mate to be honest with you, you aren't going to get the money back as Virgin don't pay for you to connect to BT if you have to join due to you moving, unless you have it in writing you have no real proof just your word against theres, as for the reply you should get a phone call from the concern team regarding this and tbh your get my reply.

As for the person who thinks customer service can't check if they have received your complaint they can as long as they have entered the complaint on the system.

weemax
03-08-2009, 23:43
ah, would they really pull a stunt like that? Tell you theyll pay & then dont? I do know it was on "the system" as another guy could see that the refund of the BT bill had been agreed.

Hiroki
03-08-2009, 23:56
Virgin would pull a stunt like that trust me.

Happened to my parents so they wouldn't pay the bill until it was solved so they got cut off and now they can't get virgin at all.

But they do get some lovely threatening letters from them

frogstamper
04-08-2009, 03:34
ah, would they really pull a stunt like that? Tell you theyll pay & then dont? I do know it was on "the system" as another guy could see that the refund of the BT bill had been agreed.

The problem is that even if you can get another VM person in billing to acknowledge this was put on your file, they are likely to say the person who agreed this with you has overstepped his authority.

broadbandking
04-08-2009, 08:15
The problem is that even if you can get another VM person in billing to acknowledge this was put on your file, they are likely to say the person who agreed this with you has overstepped his authority.

If its on the system then Virgin have to honour it, worst come to worst you can request a copy of the notes.

Tech_Boy
04-08-2009, 14:59
Hi

I do give them my account number - they can only find my old address. They can find my new address only when i give them my phone number. I could squeal - loudly.

Due to the use of the Ex Telewest billing system:td:, account no's are linked to addresses, so if you have moved, you have a new account number ;).

weemax
04-08-2009, 16:03
That's weird.

I have bills with my old address & now I have 2 bills at my new address - both with the same account numbers. When I give customer service my account number, they can only find my old address. I give them my phone number & they can get my new one. They still haven't a clue what I'm on about & quite frankly how could they - such a farce.

I just cannot get this mess sorted out at all. I'm getting to the stage I may get a consumer radio programme on BBC to intervene :dunce:

Just typical, all very good at getting me to sign up, phoning me when they say they will etc, nice as pie - but once that's done its F you.

It really wouldn't surprise me if complaints department wrote to my old address, I really do get the feeling that some of these people really are that stupid (or should that be clever).

weemax
11-08-2009, 23:33
well can you believe it? I spoke to someone who actually knew what they were doing today.

Said to leave it with them, phoned me back & everything. Cheque in the post & credit to my account for cost of call.

I wish more people worked for Virgin like the lovely lady i spoke to today.

BenMcr
11-08-2009, 23:39
That's weird.

I have bills with my old address & now I have 2 bills at my new address - both with the same account numbersThat is because they would have directed the bills for the old address TO the new address.

Therefore OLD account number at NEW address.

When I give customer service my account number, they can only find my old address. I give them my phone number & they can get my new one. Again, would kind of indicate you have yet to recieve your new account number - which is quite likely as Virgin National default to e-billing.

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Oh and this issue of having to refund a BT activation charge should no longer happen

Virgin National can now request activation of any BT line themselves - of course that means it is less likely they would activate it for free