PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Broadband - Paying more than we should be?

lightning89
01-08-2009, 23:49
Hey guys,

I've just been looking over this months Virgin bill, and currently we're paying £20 for 10MB Internet. Now, looking at the 'current prices (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=3264)', it's £20 per month for people without a Virgin phone line and £14 a month for those with a Virgin line.

We've had a Virgin phone line for over five years and my mum has been paying £20 a month for the Internet, of which is supposed to be 10MB though we still have speed problems in only getting 2MB.

Has my mum been paying £6 too much every month? I'm pretty annoyed that Virgin are charging her £20 for the Internet as well as a phone line rental and a monthly phone bill.

Any help would be appreciated, we're probably going to ring them up tomorrow.

Ben B
01-08-2009, 23:57
There'll be a bundle discount on your bill for taking out more than one service.

nodrogd
01-08-2009, 23:59
Price of £20 per month for ex "M" broadband customers is correct. The prices quoted on the website are for a 12 month contract. You should have been upgraded to 10MB by now, would be worth giving CS a call.

lightning89
02-08-2009, 02:39
Price of £20 per month for ex "M" broadband customers is correct. The prices quoted on the website are for a 12 month contract. You should have been upgraded to 10MB by now, would be worth giving CS a call.

Thanks for the fast replies!

'M' broadband? We were recently on 2MB, though I'm not sure what tier that was.

Have the prices changed recently? Like I said, we've had a Virgin phone line for a long time now and we're in the section that says don't have a Virgin phone line. I've checked the bill and I see no bundle discounts. Thanks!

frogstamper
02-08-2009, 03:31
Thanks for the fast replies!

'M' broadband? We were recently on 2MB, though I'm not sure what tier that was.

Have the prices changed recently? Like I said, we've had a Virgin phone line for a long time now and we're in the section that says don't have a Virgin phone line. I've checked the bill and I see no bundle discounts. Thanks!

If you were to list what services your mum currently receives, and what each one costs on your bill I'm sure one of the VM guys can give you an answer.
I doubt it'll be tonight though:)

broadbandking
03-08-2009, 13:35
£20 for M broadband is correct as M speed increased from 2Mb to 10Mb, the price you are seeing is for a new or existing taking a phone line.

Are there any bundle discounts on your bill as that would bring the price down for you so you wont be paying £20 for BB then as Virgin lower the cost of your bill using bundle discounts.

Begize
03-08-2009, 13:52
I had a similar problem a few weeks back - I'd been paying £25 for L (10Mb) broadband when the website prices state it's either £14 or £20 depending on which part of the website you look at. I wasn't getting any bundle discounts although I have XL TV and a phone line.

I've now had a "free" uprade to 20Mb and had a discount applied to the bill which means it's about £4 cheaper than it was. The guy in CS couldn't explain clearly why it was so I'm still going to write to customer service and ask for an explanation.

broadbandking
03-08-2009, 15:47
The time you took the service the offer wasn't avialable so the customer service was just offering you the offers that come up in front of him, so writing to them you would be told you took the service before those offers was avilable to you