PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare sales department

davies1977
01-08-2009, 19:06
I have just rejoined Virgin Media and I am having VIP with 50mb broadband! The sales person that I spoke to today didn't really have a clue what she was doing and was a nightmare! I was on the phone for over an hour, she kept reading from the script, saying I was having this and that and generally not really helpful! I was on the phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes and by the end of the call I was so stressed that I needed to go for a run!!! I was really excited about rejoined Virgin, however this has put a negative straight away! Why can't Virgin Media train their staff correctly so they know what they are talking about!! This is an instant turn off!!!

Wonnov Menny
01-08-2009, 20:08
I have just rejoined Virgin Media and I am having VIP with 50mb broadband!

Just out of interest, how much did they say you would be paying? I'm on the VIP package and I upgraded my BB to 50mb last Friday. I'll be paying £103/month. It also cost me £30 installation and £20 activation which will appear on the next bill.

BTW, I read on this forum the price is being reduced in a few months.

Zain
01-08-2009, 22:08
Its reduced next month from what i know ... (sept 1)

davies1977
02-08-2009, 11:04
Hi,
I'm paying £96 a month apparently, however I was originally quoted £103, then £98 and then £96, so I am slightly apprehensive at what the cost will be!!! I have taken a name, department, etc - although it was in the Philippines and I could have spoken to anybody!!! I noticed that you are paying an installation cost of £30 and £20 - nothing was mentioned, so again really although I have said I wanted VIP and 50mb, I will probably end up with something completely different, along with suddenly an installation cost, etc, etc - which will mean an argument on the phone!!! Fingers crossed this does not happen!!! The best bit about the call was the installation date. First I was told the 21st August, then she came back and said the 12th August, so who knows when my date is...lol!!!!

Wonnov Menny
03-08-2009, 09:09
I'm paying £96 a month apparently, however I was originally quoted £103, then £98 and then £96, so I am slightly apprehensive at what the cost will be!!!

That seems to the problem... so many people are paying so many different prices. There doesn't seem to be a standard price. At least it looks like it will be reduced from 1 Sept (if they get that right).

I noticed that you are paying an installation cost of £30 and £20 - nothing was mentioned, so again really although I have said I wanted VIP and 50mb, I will probably end up with something completely different, along with suddenly an installation cost, etc, etc - which will mean an argument on the phone!!! Fingers crossed this does not happen!!!

Yes, nothing was mentioned about it when I first phoned them, but I read about it on this forum, so I phoned back for confirmation, the person I spoke to the 2nd time explained Yes it was charged, an additional £50 would appear on the next months bill, even though mine was just an upgrade and already activated, it was company policy. I was also told that even though I only upgraded the broadband element of my VIP pack, I will have to start a new 12 month contract, again company policy.

I thought I saw something mentioned on the forum about free activation during July, but I can't find now, and VM customer services didn't know anything about it!

VM really need their customer services to be all UK based, and they all need to read from the same sheet.

davies1977
03-08-2009, 16:04
I don't mind paying activation costs if I am told them, however if I am after I have placed my order than I believe that's slightly naughty! I agree about having UK based call persons as whoever I spoke to at the weekend was rubbish!!!