PDA

View Full Version : installation upstairs

mouzz
29-07-2009, 19:14
Hey guys. I've telephone and tv with virginmedia. And I've got my 50meg broadband installation on saturday, i like would to know if the engineer will install the broadband connection upstairs for me ( because my computer is upstairs) and both my telephone and tv connections are down stairs.

MovedGoalPosts
29-07-2009, 19:53
He should do, but beware that they don't like to drill through ceilings as they don't quite know what might be hidden there. Normally they would run the cable externally up an outside wall from the junction box that's on the front of your house.

mouzz
29-07-2009, 20:28
thanks for the reply. I hope the engineer doesn't make a fuss about it.

JayJay
04-08-2009, 18:46
Ive always found it helpful if the customer has a certain cable route they would like me to follow, it always helps if you have already predrilled the holes (eg. if you want it through ceilings) most of the time It will be up the external wall and through a lovely hole freshly drilled :)

Peter_
04-08-2009, 20:11
Ive always found it helpful if the customer has a certain cable route they would like me to follow, it always helps if you have already predrilled the holes (eg. if you want it through ceilings) most of the time It will be up the external wall and through a lovely hole freshly drilled :)
I had mine all set up with a hole pre drilled in the utility cupboard and a weighted cord ready to pull the cable upstairs through the water pipes casing, all he had to do was temporarily clip the cable as I was boxing it in after he left.:D

JayJay
04-08-2009, 20:36
I love customers like you

Halcyon
06-08-2009, 10:29
Make them a cup of tea and a sandwhich. I find that always helps.

raefil
06-08-2009, 12:14
Ive always found it helpful if the customer has a certain cable route they would like me to follow, it always helps if you have already predrilled the holes (eg. if you want it through ceilings) most of the time It will be up the external wall and through a lovely hole freshly drilled :)Lazy sod, do it yourself;)