PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports Resort

12noon
26-07-2009, 14:57
What a fantastic improvement on the original Wii Sports. The Golf is much harder and you can play 18 holes. The Bowling is a very similar, but i can now get more spin on the ball and aim with more accuracy. The Table Tennis is very enjoyable and a good replacement for the original Tennis. It's all the other games that make this worth the money and make it something special. I've just spent hours playing Archery and my son was up until 4am the other night playing the sword fighting games.

All in all i'd say this is a must buy game for the Nintendo Wii.

Anyone want to post any scores for me to try and beat.

Ravenheart
26-07-2009, 15:21
It's a very good game and the Wii Motion plus is really well implemented far better than in Grand Slam or Virtua Tennis.

I do enjoy the Table Tennis and the opponents are for more challenging than in the original WiiSports.

The bowling has improved but as a result I'm now crap at it, so more practice required :)

Frisbee dog is quite fun, and the fencing is quite a challenge as is the archery.

If you like WiiSports it's far better with more games, options and really enjoyable too. :)

Woolly One
26-07-2009, 18:28
The bowling has improved but as a result I'm now crap at it, so more practice required :)

Ditto that - All that time finding where your sweet spot was has gone out of the window.:)

We got our copy a day early, thanks to play.com. As a result didn't hear a peep out of the kids all day:D

The only downside IMO is that there is nothing online for it, which is a shame.

Ravenheart
28-07-2009, 09:39
The only downside IMO is that there is nothing online for it, which is a shame.

Have to agree there Woolly, some of those games would be great online, especially the bowling and table tennis. Having played Mario Kart online, there was very little lag, and quite an enjoyable experience, so I doubt bowling would be too taxing for them.

I've only got 4 information points to find on the plane game (which i find quite relaxing for some reason) it also shows off just how good the MotionPlus is if it's programmed properly. Grand Slam Tennis and Virtua Tennis take note (for the new version later in the year no doubt)

12noon
28-07-2009, 19:19
I had a few hours on the plane game last night and i'm having problems shooting 150 balloons. Also shooting all the white balloons will take ages.
I found this if your interested in finding some help for the game.
http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/14266992/index.html

DocDutch
03-10-2009, 23:55
just bought a wii myself this weekend and Wii Resort is awesome :) :D soo many different types of games which will all keep me quiet for ages :D

webcrawler2050
03-10-2009, 23:56
Pondering about a Wii but dont want to be dis loyal to faithful 360 lol :D

haydnwalker
04-10-2009, 10:54
I have both so dont worry... Anyway, the games aren't as good on Wii...except wii sports resort and the other party style games so your trusty 360 will still be played for all the decent stuff :D