PDA

View Full Version : Difference between broadband M & L

chrispy2000
26-07-2009, 10:19
Can anyone tell me what the difference between broadband M & L is?
I used to be on 2Mb now free up-graded to 10Mb.
Now if you go to their web page for BB 10Mb is L, but if I go to my Virgin media page it says 10Mb M.

The reason I wanted to know is I was going to try the new PC Guard and if your on M you have to pay extra for the full PC Guard Total.:(

Peter_
26-07-2009, 10:24
You are Traffic Managed differently and for the difference in price you are only allowed PC Guard basic, you may be better advised to upgrade to L for the increase in download and PC Guard Total as it is now powered by Kaspersky.

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php

chrispy2000
26-07-2009, 11:20
That's the reason I was thinking of getting it now it's powered by Kaspersky. I heard of so many horror stories of PC Guard before that I left it well alone.
I might give the basic a go before up grading I have Ad-Aware so that should cover the spy ware as long as they don’t clash.

A change of subject. While I was on Virgin’s web site checking this out I had a pop-up appeared from Virgin asking if I would take a survey. (Fools) It was mainly give numbers between 1-10 for this or that. About halfway through one question was came up “ Where you able to find what you were looking for” answer “NO”. Next question was why not, answer “because this bloody pop-up opened up and stopped me!”

Peter_
26-07-2009, 11:25
I have installed the new PC Guard on my daughters laptop and I am pleased with it, I would never use the previous versions but this is a much better version.

chrispy2000
26-07-2009, 11:37
I'll give it a go.
You don't know if it works on windows 7? My son's been trying it out but had a job finding security software for it. He running a beta version of Kaspersky for it but that runs out soon.

BenMcr
26-07-2009, 11:52
No it doesn't yet - however Avast works on W7 fine

chrispy2000
26-07-2009, 16:47
No it doesn't yet - however Avast works on W7 fine
It's not the anti-virus AVG will run.It's a free firewall that he needs Zone Alarm won't work with it.

I've download and installed PC Guard on mine. It's doing a fall scan now lets see how long that takes.

BenMcr
26-07-2009, 17:06
Windows 7 comes with a built in firewall?!