PDA

View Full Version : vanishing install date

cablej
23-07-2009, 19:37
Last Thursday (16th) I called VM (india callcentre) to upgrade my BB from 20>50Mbit and was told my install date would be 8am-1pm 22nd July and that I'd get a call to confirm this before that date.

Having not recieved that call, I contacted them at 6:30pm on the 21st, the day before I was scheduled to be upgraded. The lady I spoke to said there was no record of my install although she could see that someone had been into my account he morning of the 16th and then again in the evening and said that was very strange.

I was then told that the earliest I could have it done was the 7th August, which is a while away and certainly longer than I'd expect to have to wait given that there was clearly an error on their part. I'm now booked for the 8th (sat install) but I am pretty annoyed given that I'd booked time off work to make sure I was in and had I not called them I would have been sat in wasting my time. I was also told that a manager would call me back about this but never got a call.

Any ideas to how I can get a quicker install :)?

Peter_
23-07-2009, 19:39
Ring back again after 0800 tomorrow and ask if the are any cancellations.

cablej
23-07-2009, 19:42
Cheers for the quick reply - I will do that tomorrow, I am not holding my breath though.
Edit: Does anyone know if they will send me the router or if the Engineer will come armed with both the router and modem?

cablej
24-07-2009, 09:42
Called back this morning - spoke to customer services rather than the dept which deals with re-scheduling with installs as this put me through to india and given it was them who messed up in the first place I figured it was probably best to skip them. CS said no slots available but to keep ringing...which is a real pain :/

cablej
30-07-2009, 13:25
Just an update to say I've been upgraded over a week earlier than was scheduled. The VM guy (Area Supervisor) who performed it was also really cool and we had a good chat about a lot of stuff.

Cheers cableforums and especially Russ!