PDA

View Full Version : Issue regarding an unpaid bill and a modem reset

RandomLocation
23-07-2009, 00:30
Okay, I have just returned from a holiday in Croatia.
My services were disconnected over the period while I was away which is understandable, although a cousin was staying in the house and looking after the house while I was away.

I was unaware of the services being disconnected due to the bill issue until I returned today.

What is bothering me is, I am off first thing this morning to pay the bill to have my services re-activated, but then, if my services were disconnected, how would I be typing this sentence right now, in the same location I always do?

Well, it seems my cousin has accessed TlDefaults.asp, and once restarted I'm assuming he was presented with act2.virginmedia.com, which, he has noted that he completed the process of registering a new account.

So, now, I'm accessing the internet via a completely new VM account I assume - New IP also, obviously.

So, now that my address has two accounts registered, I'm again assuming I shall be receiving a bill for this second account which I am furious over.

Please help me out here CF, I'm confused; I really should be calling CS right now tbh.

Thanks

Ben B
23-07-2009, 00:37
My services were disconnected over the period while I was away which is understandable, although a cousin was staying in the house and looking after the house while I was away.

I was unaware of the services being disconnected due to the bill issue until I returned today.

What is bothering me is, I am off first thing this morning to pay the bill to have my services re-activated, but then, if my services were disconnected, how would I be typing this sentence right now, in the same location I always do?

Well, it seems my cousin has accessed TlDefaults.asp, and once restarted I'm assuming he was presented with act2.virginmedia.com, which, he has noted that he completed the process of registering a new account.

So, now, I'm accessing the internet via a completely new VM account I assume - New IP also, obviously.

So, now that my address has two accounts registered, I'm again assuming I shall be receiving a bill for this second account which I am furious over.

Please help me out here CF, I'm confused; I really should be calling CS right now tbh.

Thanks

No you wont be charged for 2 accounts, you were supposed to ring CS and activate old account. Just ring them up and they will sort it for you.

Ben :)

BenMcr
23-07-2009, 00:41
There is no way that a second billing account can be registered via the activation page

There should be also no way a second provisioning account can be created

RandomLocation
23-07-2009, 00:41
Thank you greatly Ben B & BenMcr
I'm not sure what he did apart from what he told me then, because he texted me the details for the new My VM account, hmm.

I will get some sleep now and pay my unpaid bill as soon as I wake, then call CS and explain my situation.

Cheers, RandomLocation.

watzizname
23-07-2009, 04:36
You sure it was cut off, and wasn't that the modem needed to be updated and reset to allow access to the new network?

RandomLocation
23-07-2009, 05:34
You sure it was cut off, and wasn't that the modem needed to be updated and reset to allow access to the new network?
Yeah, the rest of the services have also been disconnected :)

RandomLocation
23-07-2009, 12:32
I apologise for another post, although, could someone explain to me what the process actually was, all I understand is another account was created via act2.virginmedia.com once the modem was reset via TlDefaults.asp, I'm assuming the new account is classed as a new customer - I shouldn't be able to get online, my bill was not paid, major flaw?

hansi
24-07-2009, 07:32

Thanks

Forgive me for asking, but why would your services be disconnected just because you went on holiday. I regularly go on holiday but when I come back and boot up my computers, everything is as before.

browney
24-07-2009, 08:58
Forgive me for asking, but why would your services be disconnected just because you went on holiday. I regularly go on holiday but when I come back and boot up my computers, everything is as before.

Because he hadn't paid the bill before he went away.

hansi
24-07-2009, 09:09
Ahhhhhhh!!