PDA

View Full Version : My poor dog

iFrankie
21-07-2009, 16:59
Im worried sick, we let jack out this morning to do his business he came back in fine with no problems i came in from the kitchen and there was a large amount of blood on the rug, i thought he stepped on abit of glass or something because most of the blood was on his foot we gave him a bath to get the blood out and checked to see if he had any cuts ect, but we didnt see anything, and just now i saw another spec of blood on the kitchen floor, so i checked him again and he had blood coming from he's you know what! so now im a wreck with worry,step mum is ringing the PDSA as we can't afford a proper VET, i thought id share it with ya. It could just be an infection or something.

ill keep ya posted, sorry for being so graphical.

joglynne
21-07-2009, 17:06
Sorry to hear about your dog Frankie. Lets hope the PDSA can see him quickly. :hugs:

Jules
21-07-2009, 17:09
Got my fingers crossed for you

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 17:34
Also, if you have a bluecross in your area, they will happily help you out :)

lauzjp
21-07-2009, 17:36
aw, hope you managed to get seen by the pdsa. We haven't got one near us anymore. :(

Bulky
21-07-2009, 18:01
yeah hope he's ok , Zak (my dog) once did his business in the garden and it was just a big pile of runny blood , turned out he had a really bad dose of colitis i'm pretty sure was brought on by eating a mouldy donner kebab while we were out walking, hope its something similar for Jack and nothing serious :)

Tinky
21-07-2009, 18:20
Let us know how he gets on with the vet Frankie, hope it's nothing too serious.:(

iFrankie
21-07-2009, 18:39
Hiya, rang the vet we have an appointment tomorrow morning, she said he should of been neutered as a pup because he only has one testicle but we didn't know this at the time we just thought he was born with just one, now hes fine, being his usual self, she didnt say what it could be so i have no idea, thanks for all ya nice msgs.

lauzjp
21-07-2009, 18:44
if I were you I probably wouldn't sleep a wink - keeping an eye on him overnight

iFrankie
21-07-2009, 18:50
if I were you I probably wouldn't sleep a wink - keeping an eye on him overnight

oh i hardly sleep anyway, i stay up until around 3am so that won't be a problem and my step mum is up at around 5am so someone will be watching him constantly.

icestar2
21-07-2009, 22:45
Sorry to hear about your pet Frankie. Hope its just turns out to of been something mild and not to serious.

Graham M
21-07-2009, 22:47
Fingers crossed for your pup :)

iFrankie
21-07-2009, 23:56
thanks peeps, he seems a hell of alot better tonight no bleeding, hes eating normally.

Nidge
22-07-2009, 03:26
Glad to hear he's OK Frankie. He might have eaten something that upset his stomach.

Kymmy
22-07-2009, 08:06
Some plants can cause exactly what you describe and dogs do eat a lot of plants...

whizzbang
22-07-2009, 08:44
Our Golden Retriever recently drank some water on our local common, which was contaminated wth coal tar deposits. It gave her symptoms of colitis, resulting in internal bleeding etc. People should make sure there ain't decaying wood in gardens, that was once creosoted, as any residues left are poisonous. Anyway, she recovered well after a heavy course of anti-biotics, so all's well until the next time!

Don't worry (difficult), as I am sure it will all be well sorted out.

All the best for your pet....

iFrankie
22-07-2009, 11:58
ooh im happy now, just come back from vets, the vet said he either has kidney or a prostate infection, he gave jack a penicillin and a anti biotic injection he looked at his testicles and he said they would only remove them if he had problems with them i dont know if mentioned that he only has 1 but the other one in on the inside, thanks for all ya nice messages i can sleep better tonight!

lauzjp
22-07-2009, 12:20
that's good news, relatively speaking - hopefully the meds will clear it up. :tu:

joglynne
22-07-2009, 12:34
As lauzjp says, that's good news Frankie. I have just come back from our vets and as I was there waiting for Pu to have his injection I was thinking of you and wondering how you were going on. Give Jack a hug from me.

superbiatch
22-07-2009, 12:44
ooh im happy now, just come back from vets, the vet said he either has kidney or a prostate infection, he gave jack a penicillin and a anti biotic injection he looked at his testicles and he said they would only remove them if he had problems with them i dont know if mentioned that he only has 1 but the other one in on the inside, thanks for all ya nice messages i can sleep better tonight!

My staffie had something similar, he needed to be (temporarily) chemically castrated and was put on antibiotics. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Do you mind me asking with PDSA you took him to Frankie?

iFrankie
22-07-2009, 12:53
As lauzjp says, that's good news Frankie. I have just come back from our vets and as I was there waiting for Pu to have his injection I was thinking of you and wondering how you were going on. Give Jack a hug from me.

awwww thanks :> how is your little one? ill upload a pic of jack so ya can see him and Bruno as well cant leave him out now haha

Jack
http://i25.tinypic.com/167qj5x.jpg

and Bruno
http://i28.tinypic.com/2zpqr09.jpg

joglynne
22-07-2009, 13:15
awwww thanks :> how is your little one? ill upload a pic of jack so ya can see him and Bruno as well cant leave him out now haha

Jack
http://i25.tinypic.com/167qj5x.jpg

and Bruno
http://i28.tinypic.com/2zpqr09.jpg

What little cuties, I can understand how upset you have been. My little one is a pain in the rear. He is 17, almost blind, has no sense of smell or taste so feeding him is a nightmare, deaf which means he doesn't realise how LOUD he meows and he has arthritis so we have to lift him onto his favorite seat. But... we love him to bits. He's a snap of him asleep in the sun on that favorite seat in the conservatory.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u158/joglynne/DSCN0143.jpg

Jules
23-07-2009, 14:02
Aww bless I am so glad he is ok :)