PDA

View Full Version : Family issues

webcrawler2050
20-07-2009, 23:38
Evening guys n gals,

This is slightly sensitive issues - I need stop family and step family from seeing my child - there is many reasons why, as to which, i'm not gonna go into. as there isn't enough space :)

Is there anything, legally I can do?

zing_deleted
21-07-2009, 00:02
Do you have responsability for the child?

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 00:02
Shared custody, between the mother and I.

zing_deleted
21-07-2009, 00:08
there is no such thing in law as shared custody and has not been for years. Its called joint responsability nowadays ;) IF one parent gets control its a residency order I think

So you have been to court and the shared whatever has been ordered? were you married? Which family are you trying to stop seeing the child yours or hers?

I have assumed you are seperated which I could well be wrong about?

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 00:11
Yes we seperated.

No - we wern't married - No. No courts involved yet. Trying to stop my family and my "step" family..

zing_deleted
21-07-2009, 00:16
so you have no court order and you were not married. I am sorry to say but without court orders there is very little you can do. Is your name on the birth certificate?

Is your child at serious risk then?

Talk to the mother tell her why you think its a bad thing . Would she take your child to them?

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 00:22
No - Yes i'm on the birth certificate - the mother arranges to see them behind my back, then says x,y,z is coming to see her -

I've tried talking to her nicely, ammicably, till i'm blue in the face, she doesn't listen.

I was told a care and control order may be able to assist.

zing_deleted
21-07-2009, 00:24
Well you will have to see a solicitor and you will have to prove I imagine that your child is at risk with these visits.

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 00:26
Well there are several issues, something i'm not going to discuss here, it;s just not right. :)

Anything you can suggest?

zing_deleted
21-07-2009, 00:30
you will need to seek advice from professionals mate any advice anyone gives here without full information would be incomplete. I understand why you do not want to discuss it here and I agree.

My experience begins and ends with the family solicitors family courts mitigation and welfare officers(as someone who went through it and didnt lose lol). See your family solicitor and tell him/her everything

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 00:33
Thanks Zing - any advice from anyone else, would be appreciated! :)

Maggy
21-07-2009, 00:47
zing is right,It sounds like you need a qualified expert and some good 'proof' to support your decisions....before you end up doing something desperate.:erm:

rogerdraig
21-07-2009, 01:28
just as added advice to get advice ;)

i run a nursery we are now not allowed to prevent a parent taking a child even if the other partner doesn't want them to until we see a court order or an official letter from a solicitor stating that some sort of action is being taken through the court

only other way is for the social to get involved if there is a serious and immediate risk to the child

remember too anyone family or not who has had an ongoing relationship with a child can apply to the court for access

if there is any risk get someone involved AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if its about differences on parenting and how to then its better to get those sorted with a court order if you cant agree

lucy7
21-07-2009, 08:11
I know you are not going to share your whys and donts as why you do not want family members to see your child.

Please remember that they are family, and may love her/him to bits and be upset at such a move on your part. Does your child not wish to see these family members also?

It is always good to talk!
If you can not direct with the other folk at this time, get a mediator in.
You may be in a difficult situation now, but just think how worse it could get.
Tread carefully, sometimes it is best to sit back and think about things and the consequences of an action taken in haste.

What ever path you take, I wish you and your child well Webcrawler.

superbiatch
21-07-2009, 08:48
Along with what Lucy has said and good advice it is, but if you think your child is at risk then act on it.

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 11:12
Morning Guys,

Child is not at risk with family. It's a long story. There not family, they dont treat "us" like family. Again, another long story.

peanut
21-07-2009, 11:23
Morning Guys,

Child is not at risk with family. It's a long story. There not family, they dont treat "us" like family. Again, another long story.

But there is always two sides of a story, for all we know you could be the cause of the problems and therefore you could be using the child as ammunition against them for no reason than just being spiteful. So I don't see any point in trying to help or advise someone without knowing all the full facts.

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 11:30
But there is always two sides of a story, for all we know you could be the cause of the problems and therefore you could be using the child as ammunition against them for no reason than just being spiteful. So I don't see any point in trying to help or advise someone without knowing all the full facts.

Not the case at :) Using "my child" as a weapon is somethign that i've never done and never will do - i'm not looking for specific I am looking for general advice :)

zing_deleted
21-07-2009, 11:40
Dude from what I can see and there being no risk to the child I do not really think you have a leg to stand on mate sorry

webcrawler2050
21-07-2009, 11:47
Thanks - but I won't go into details. :) So i've booked an apointment with my solicitor.

lucy7
23-07-2009, 14:14
How you getting on Webcrawler?

webcrawler2050
24-07-2009, 17:07
Hey,

I've had a chat with my solicitor who is making an application to get the access that I need - I am also considering a care and control order.