PDA

View Full Version : BROADBAND Problem

cli70488
20-07-2009, 16:25
On Sunday 19th July at 8am my VM Modem was showing that the Broadband service, in my area, was in problem and not available, it was put right at approx. 9.30am. What followed was, I believe, a partial failure of the supply for I found it impossible to access Windows Internet Explorer until approx 2pm, when it all became normal. Did anyone else experience any difficulties for I am interested to know if it was the supply or could it have been my Computers, it would have been unusual for two Computers to have the same problem at the same time. The location is Shropshire.

webcrawler2050
20-07-2009, 16:44
Hello,

Do you know the exact error message I.E was giving? It could be a varient of issues..

pgchimp
20-07-2009, 16:49
I live in Telford and experienced supply problems on Sunday through to monday, you may need to be a bit more specific with your area.

Rang VM on Sunday and got the promise of a £5.00 credit for service interuption

Regards

yorkshireborn
20-07-2009, 17:06
i too had Internet problems every half hour or so it would go off for 10 mins then come back on was like this on and off all weekend.

rotherham area

ThunderPants73
20-07-2009, 23:24
Nothing to do with Telfordcable are you?

cli70488
21-07-2009, 12:55
My location is TF3 in Telford and the problems were I am convinced the failure of the VM Broadband supply because it happened again yesterday at approx. 2.45pm and this time even the Cable TV went out of order, the "On Demand" was unavailable for a period in the afternoon. Only the Cable supply could have caused this.

I shall contact VM to inform them and see whether they may offer a discount for lack of service.

It so happens that I was watching a special falling price offer by a Major Airline when the service failed yesterday so any chance of a bargain was lost due to the breakdown.

cli70488
25-07-2009, 10:24
The VM cable Broadband I receive is becoming a real problem as on Friday morning 24/7 the supply was again NON-ACTIVE, this is the 3rd day in the last 6 days this has been the case. When I think of the cost for such a poor service it hurts, my current monthly account covers Telephone £11, TV XL £23, Broadband L £25, Picturebox £5 less a credit of £14 for having Triple items. A total of £54.04 (incl. VAT) a month plus, of course, telephone call charges.I presume all other users in the Telford TF3 area have suffered the same problem. On making calls to 151 it must be said that the calls were treated with concern and following the Monday call a £ 5 credit was given for loss of service. Maybe I should consider replacing the VM BB with one of the offers now available.

cli70488
28-07-2009, 15:15
Today 28 July and all morning I have been without connection to Virginmedia Cable Broadband again?. This is the "4th time in 8 days" that I have not been able to get the service I am paying for. In addition to that, to make matters worse, the speed of the connection is very slow indeed. I am on "L" which I believe is supposed to be 10Mb. Frankly sitting waiting for elementary sites to appear is very difficult to accept. The area is Telford. Calls to VM give brief explanation of the problem and offers of goodwill refunds, but no hope of better service in the future. Can anyone tell me how one can check the Speed being sent.