PDA

View Full Version : Good food for pets

bjorkiii
18-07-2009, 17:53
Try picking some dandelion leaves and even the flowers budgies love them and there also so full of goodness extremely healthy guines pigs and lizards and various other pets can eat them safely but check 1st :) they are extremely full of goodness more nutrition than bought stuff but only pick leaves flowers that havent had pesticides or other chemicals sprayed on them and wash thoroughly 1st my birds love them :).

The Hitman
18-07-2009, 18:55
My wuffer Sasha had a southern fried chicken burger with beefeater chips and some chicken gravy. Now thats good food

rogerdraig
18-07-2009, 19:01
this could get very ugly funny or both

Halcyon
19-07-2009, 16:03
My friends Rabbit loves dandelions.

The dandelion leaves are also edible by people too. You can make a nice slaad with a french dressing and some chopped pieces of well grilled bacon in them. Very nice.

Turkey Machine
21-07-2009, 14:07
Rabbit next door loves greenery. Keeps eating the neighbour's pot plants instead of the weeds! Our dog'll eat just about anything, veg and fruit included, but she won't touch uncooked mushrooms for some reason!

Kymmy
21-07-2009, 14:30
Mushrooms and banana's are two items I have NEVER managed to get my dogs to eat (must be the texture)

Try them with small tomatoes, they have great fun knocking them around the floor until they accidently burst it and realise that it tastes nice as well :)

Turkey Machine
21-07-2009, 14:41
Mushrooms and banana's are two items I have NEVER managed to get my dogs to eat (must be the texture)

Try them with small tomatoes, they have great fun knocking them around the floor until they accidently burst it and realise that it tastes nice as well :)

HAHAHA, she's done that with the cherry tomatoes! If my dad puts some big tomatoes in his lunch for the next day, she gets the ends sliced off. Loves her fruit and veg that dog, always baffled me just how eager she is for a bit of broccoli!

Oh, coffee. We left a packet of coffee out one evening before we went out and she'd had that off the counter and open, put her nose in it and immediately withdrew it. She was bouncing off the walls when we got home though! :D

Kymmy
21-07-2009, 15:11
Can't open a packet of cheese in this house without turning round and finding 2 pairs of eyes staring at you above two drooling mouths!!!

Weird thing though they got to eat was that I did a really hot curry using some left over cabbage and chicken livers, I'd eaten all of the liver from it and left the plate on a low table to finish off after I finished doing something.. When I got back it'd been licked clean!

Turkey Machine
22-07-2009, 13:36
ROFL, my dog does the same thing with cheese!

Stuart
22-07-2009, 14:52
Can't open a packet of cheese in this house without turning round and finding 2 pairs of eyes staring at you above two drooling mouths!!!

If you eat cheese in our house, you'll get three sets of eyes above drooling mouths.. Our 2 dogs and cat all love Cheese.

As for dinnertime, the dogs get Chappie (our vet recommends this above all the "science" meals such as IAMS). Apparently it's the least processed dog food (even though it's essentially ground up fish mixed with other meats).

The cat gets either raw mince or raw fish (the vet actually told us to see if we could blag offcuts of meat from the butcher, but that raw mince is a good substitute). Oddly, though, he will fight for Chappie.

Occasionally, all three get raw chicken legs (important it is not cooked as this softens the bones and can cause problems). This is apparently good for their teeth.

The cat gets biscuits in the morning (he goes insane if you don't give him "breakfast"), and the Dogs get Chappie or rice.

Dai
22-07-2009, 23:07
Oh, coffee. We left a packet of coffee out one evening before we went out and she'd had that off the counter and open, put her nose in it and immediately withdrew it. She was bouncing off the walls when we got home though! :D

Wow, snorting coffee. I'll have to try that.

My dog loves spagetti bolognese and also has a passion for fish and chips.

Found most of a haddock dinner left on a bench when we went walkies recently. Now that was one happy doggie.

Kymmy
22-07-2009, 23:23
As for dinnertime, the dogs get Chappie (our vet recommends this above all the "science" meals such as IAMS). Apparently it's the least processed dog food (even though it's essentially ground up fish mixed with other meats).

Rarely feed our two tinned food, and if we do then it tends to be Butchers Tripe.

Every 5 days I do a large pot of 2.5Kg chicken (boiled, deboned, chopped and then returned to the stock), two packs of chicken livers chopped up and then a kilo of long grain rice. This is then simmered until the rice is cooked and the juice has gone. It's then mixed 50-50 mith a decent mixer. They absolutley love the stuff. Sometimes though I'll swap out all or half the chicken with normal mince. GSD's are known to be dodgy with certain foods but never had a problem with this and they've never got bored of it..

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

Ever seen the state of the house after the dogs have got in the fridge and polished off a dozen packs of best butter that was going to be used for making shortbread for a church fete?? The after effects I don;t want to remember :(:(:(:(:(:( :erm: :rolleyes:

bjorkiii
10-10-2009, 20:20
Update the beasties love carrot tops they go beserk :erm: especially the blue one its like new years eve in budgieworld its dives in tries to get underneath them especially if there damp and starts trying to do somersaults the other one looks at it like :erm: yes there nice but chill out bluey.

Bulky
10-10-2009, 20:41
i feed Zak (my dog) , http://www.naturediet.co.uk/ mixed with some James Burns Duck and rice , he seems to love it :)