PDA

View Full Version : NTL/Telewest Business Broadband

Kymmy
17-07-2009, 11:30
Hi guys,

A few days ago I put in a contact us form on the NTL/Telewest Business website detailing the facts that I've been on BBB for 18 months and since then the VM redsidential BB is running away with upgrades, lower prices and now according to the latest press release higher upload trials.

Well just got a phone call from a CS agent dealing with the 'complain' (her words not mine) so I explained all the above again.. She's wrote down what I said and will forward the words onto 'not sure who' the relevant people.

She did try to tell me that I'm paying for the SLA of 6 hours on the BB modem which is a lie as the 6 hour SLAA is only relevant to the phone line and the BB modem has a 5 day SLA the same as residential. :rolleyes:

One of the other selling points when I got the BBB was also a freephone support number well residential has that as well now..

She did though say that she looked into what's happening with BBB and also said that Static IP's are coming to 20Mb and also 50Mb is slated for BBB.. I wonder if they ever thought of putting that in a press release so that we wouldn't have to have a moan to find it out?? :rolleyes:

But currently for me that's not the issue.. BBB offers 3 packages 4Mb/500Kb, 10Mb/700Kb and 20Mb/1Mb (down/up) and apart from the introduction of the last tier has been fairly static.. Even residential now don't offer thier 2Mb service to new customers so thier entry level is 10Mb/500Kb..

So in the end I'm paying a premium for a tiny bit extra upload, a sticky IP (though that is optional), No STM though that is confirmed as coming soon :( and a phone line without any call packages..

What I'd love for them to do is to start listening to thier clients and offer a proper business upload, a proper consequetive bank of fixed IP's and perhaps some business call packages for thier phone lines...

Tech_Boy
17-07-2009, 16:06
afaik, the sla for engineers for residential BB is the end of the next working day +24hrs.

Kymmy
17-07-2009, 16:17
Sorry my 5 hour SLA should have read 5 days (now corrected in main post) which is what I was quoted for residential and business broadband, that's probably the length of time it takes to go through Tech support and your quoted engineer SLA