PDA

View Full Version : What's a slow speed for 20mb

Hazanko
16-07-2009, 20:08
I have been having intermittent problems for 2 months. I can only phone the technicians on Monday & Friday. They normally only want me to phone when it dips under 5mb, unfortunately it's hard for it to dip around the times they want. Sometimes when it does goes slow they are either in Liverpool on a job or it's too late for them to make it. That means i have to wait another week. I'm now stuck with intermittent problems for who knows how long. I was wondering if it drops below 10mb (happens more often) is it still classed as a fault?. It's just too difficult to get them around when it drops below 5mb.

deathtrap3000
16-07-2009, 20:57
Are you on 20meg?
Are you sure your not just getting speed capped?

Hazanko
16-07-2009, 21:34
Yes lol. I'm not getting capped either.

deathtrap3000
16-07-2009, 22:07
Also, how are you checking your speed?

bigsinky
17-07-2009, 13:37
fire up your browser and give us your modem SNR levels. don't forget to delete the modem serial and mac addy before you post

Hazanko
27-07-2009, 07:01
*update*

Ok, after months of phoning and Engineer visits the problem has been found. It was bandwidth problems. It was solved by checking it with the line guys. It was checked before plenty of times but they said it was fine. The problem was with VM all along. If anyone else has intermittent problems and have checked everything then i suggest to keep getting on to the line guys. Even if they say everything seems fine, keep trying.

P.S.

I'm sorry i didn't reply earlier but i had checked all that stuff many times before. Thanks for the help though.