PDA

View Full Version : Internet Lost - Please help need a ticket raised.

KTroopA
16-07-2009, 11:04
Hi Kellargh

I have sent you a PM and i am having a bit of trouble with my internet connection.

Maybe someone here can advise me plz? Basically it was working fine on Tuesday. then Wed 15th July its no longer working. ive checked and all the hardware is ok and so is the modem. the person from indian call centre said, they have changed the signal being sent out and this has broken the service for some. my ip is coming back as 177... she didnt raise a ticket but said she had to check with a senior engineer. but her manager said there is a problem. this was after much discussion.

How can i get a support ticket for this raised plz? Everything on my end is ok, i just need them to acknowlegde the issue and fix it. cant get throught to support on the phone

Q: Is this problem caused by all the upgrades going on for the 50MB service? i had a similar issue when 20MB was launched i needed a new modem then.

Halcyon
16-07-2009, 11:08
Have you turned off the modem fully for about 3 minutes and then back on again?

KTroopA
16-07-2009, 11:12
Have you turned off the modem fully for about 3 minutes and then back on again?

yes many times. was connected to a router and then told to connect direct which i did. ive tried 3 PCS and my PS3. all return no connection found

Halcyon
16-07-2009, 11:19
You have probably done this already but point to run, and type cmd then enter.

ipconfig /release

Press enter. Then the one below.

ipconfig /renew

KTroopA
16-07-2009, 11:22
You have probably done this already but point to run, and type cmd then enter.

ipconfig/release

Press enter. Then the one below.

ipconfig/renew

actually i havent tried that. i will give it a try this evening when im back home thx. at work atm :(

KTroopA
16-07-2009, 14:24
the poster in this thread has a very similar issue to me

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33632648-virgin-media-cable-modem-problems.html

just curious whats caused me to recieve this private 177 ip address. Is it smething ive done by having too many devices on my router? ive got 2 consoles and 1 desktop and 1 laptop. ive read for telewest thats ok?

still trying to work out if the issue is my end or virgins..

Stuart
16-07-2009, 15:21
The 177 IP. Is this on one of your PCs, or the router?

KTroopA
16-07-2009, 15:35
The PC. am foregoing the router for now whilst i try and sort out the connection issue. wot does it mean?