PDA

View Full Version : Installation woes!

rickypatel.89
15-07-2009, 22:48
Just had my v+ box installed. I was expecting the engineer at about 12ish, in the end he showed up at 7.30. Is it worth calling customer services to complain as I took the whole day of work, am i entitled to any compensation?

Skweeky
15-07-2009, 23:35
Was your install time 8-1 or 1-6 ?

rickypatel.89
15-07-2009, 23:55
1-6

homealone
16-07-2009, 00:02
1-6

so why did you expect the visit at '12 ish' ??

you only needed to take the afternoon off work - so, in my opinion no compensation due. ???

Skweeky
16-07-2009, 00:30
Tech was a bit late but still turned up so dont think you need any compensation. Did the install go ok?

JayJay
16-07-2009, 21:03
Your installation was between 1-6, there is so much we have to do during the day just to get to you and install your box, and get going again.

Forgive me, but in my opinion you dont deserve anything. You took the day off work, why didnt you just take the afternoon off? You expected him around 12ish... its known of us that we sometimes *do* get to 1-6 customers before the appointment but dont expect it. With the Engineer turning up at 7:30, He doesnt want to be there as much as you want him there, ANYTHING could of happened during his day out on the field.

dd11
16-07-2009, 21:12
When i had my 50meg & phone line installed the VM guy arrived 1hr early, which was really unexpected but they did a great job with it, didn't just bob an go.

I can see why you must be annoyed at the installer coming 1 & half hrs late but as JayJay said, anything could have happend.

Was he appologetic atall? Does everything work?

JayJay
16-07-2009, 21:24
I have arrived to a job after 6 but I rang the customer before and told them the situation and said I will be there as soon as I can. BUT when I got there, I made sure I done EXACTLY what the customer wanted and even gone that extra mile. Hell, I wouldnt want someone doing it to me so they have to do something to make it up to me, thats what i try to do for them.

rickypatel.89
16-07-2009, 23:17
I engineer ran me at about 3 saying he would be around at about 4.30, so the thing that annoys me is that he tells me 4.30 and then shows up at 8. And everytime i tried to call him he kept on saying i would be another 10 minutes.

homealone
16-07-2009, 23:47
I engineer ran me at about 3 saying he would be around at about 4.30, so the thing that annoys me is that he tells me 4.30 and then shows up at 8. And everytime i tried to call him he kept on saying i would be another 10 minutes.

So the engineer tried to keep you 'in the loop' but was unavoidably delayed - he didn't need to phone you, but because he did you hold it against him??

Would you have preferred no communication & the engineer getting to 6pm & deciding that was the end of his shift & time to go home?

You got your installation, even if it was late - a colleague of mine was due a BT phone installation at her new property, yesterday, she asked for the engineer to ring her mobile when he was on his way - no call came & it wasn't until she got back, late, to her current residence that she found a message on her current land line answer-phone saying he was coming....

- in my opinion, while not brilliant, timewise, you should be grateful you got your installation done on the day it was booked - certainly when looked at against your belief you could possibly be due for compensation :erm:

dd11
16-07-2009, 23:51
the thing that annoys me is that he tells me 4.30 and then shows up at 8.

...i though he came at 7.30? or was that just a mistake:confused: