PDA

View Full Version : 50Mb upgrade problems

synner
15-07-2009, 13:58
Hi All,

I had 50Mb upgrade installed this morning, unfortunately the provisioning system appears to be down so I've been sat looking at a blinking blue tick light for 4 hours !

I've just tried to log into "My Virgin Media" and this appears to have stopped recognising my username & password (was working fine last night while on my 10Mb connection).

Is there a problem with the site or am I going to have a 3 hour conversation to get it fixed...?

Cheers

Bri

Ben B
15-07-2009, 14:11
Hi synner,

I think there is a problem with accounts at the minute as I am also unable to connect to My Virgin Media at the minute (I am on 10mb). Are you receiving the same message as me: "Invalid email/password. Please remember passwords are case-sensitive. If your caps-lock is on this may cause you to enter your password incorrectly."?

Ben :)

synner
15-07-2009, 14:13
Hi synner,

I think there is a problem with accounts at the minute as I am also unable to connect to My Virgin Media at the minute (I am on 10mb). Are you receiving the same message as me: "Invalid email/password. Please remember passwords are case-sensitive. If your caps-lock is on this may cause you to enter your password incorrectly."?

Ben :)

Hi Ben,

Yep, that's the one ! Phew, I thought everything was broken....

Very nice chap did the install but when he left the only thing working properly was the phone !
50Mb not provisioned and on demand not working on the TV, obviously I couldn't check the status page because my internet isn't working.
I ended up coming into work as I couldn't face anymore daytime TV !

Cheers

Bri

dhiren92
15-07-2009, 14:39
Synner I had my 50mb installed this morning too (snap) The nice engineer told me that it was a national fault apparently =| and that it had happened at around 7 in the morning... He told me that i shuldnt connect my modem until i get a phone call from virgin saying that 50mb is back online and that i can connect my modem up

synner
15-07-2009, 14:49
Synner I had my 50mb installed this morning too (snap) The nice engineer told me that it was a national fault apparently =| and that it had happened at around 7 in the morning... He told me that i shuldnt connect my modem until i get a phone call from virgin saying that 50mb is back online and that i can connect my modem up

Oh dear !

My engineer told me to leave mine connected and I'm now in work.... Ah well, guess I'll just have to have a conversation with the wife instead of enjoying my lovely 50Mb !

Bri

dhiren92
15-07-2009, 15:10
Lol it myt be different for u because u had 10mb b4? this is my first install for virgin broadband lol and it Had to go down the day we get it installed doesn't it....

synner
15-07-2009, 23:08
Lol it myt be different for u because u had 10mb b4? this is my first install for virgin broadband lol and it Had to go down the day we get it installed doesn't it....

Hi dhiren92,

Hope you got sorted in the end...

Mines up and running and all seems well, the odd dip down to 44Mb but I think I'll cope !

Bri

dhiren92
16-07-2009, 03:06
Myns is up too woohoo =).. i just randomly plugged in the modem and bang i was online.... had a few problems b4 tho had rang virgin and asked what was going on.. did all the activation until the last step but that couldn't go through so had to wait ages for it to be online.. well happy tho =)

welwynrose
16-07-2009, 10:15
Is the system up or down - I had the 50mb upgrade yesterday but they couldn't activate because the system was down - I did try phoning them about 6pm last night but it was still down am back at work today but would like to be able to phone them again this evening & get it working

dhiren92
16-07-2009, 10:37
The system is up because im using 50mb rite now to type this.. however when i rang virgin they did say it should be up by 2day..

welwynrose
16-07-2009, 10:41
The system is up because im using 50mb rite now to type this.. however when i rang virgin they did say it should be up by 2day..

will try ringing them again when I get home from work

dhiren92
16-07-2009, 13:09
yeah i would recommend just ringing them.. I don't think that router is the best tho..Lol