PDA

View Full Version : Called the 50Mbit line and.....

DigitalShadow
14-07-2009, 17:57
When I said that I wasn't calling to complain about the 50Mbit service she laughed and said I was the first.

She seemed so relieved that I wasn't going to complain, bless!

Guess the poor people on the 50Mbit team get some stick...

We are trying to locate where my router has gone, one week after install and nearly 3 weeks after ordering, still no router!

Radeon
14-07-2009, 18:12
When I had my 50mb installed the engineer got the router and the USB stick form the van. I would have thought it would have been the same for everyone.

DigitalShadow
14-07-2009, 18:18
When he came to install it I said, where is my router?

He said it should have arrived in the post before installation.

He nicked it...

It arrives in the post in 3 to 7 days.. woot

(not that I need it, but I want my free router!)

dd11
14-07-2009, 18:31
The engineer bought everything i with him, the 50mb modem, router, an usb stick.
They were wrapped up, and had a sticker with his name on etc.

So if the engineer nicked it, wouldn't virgin know about it?

Jabbs
14-07-2009, 20:01
Same they came with the usb dongle and router on install day.

DigitalShadow
14-07-2009, 23:09
So if the engineer nicked it, wouldn't virgin know about it?

They wouldn't know about it until today, when I called, and they said they would be contacting the person in question.

beanie
15-07-2009, 00:23
I cant see why they would say they are posting a 50MB modem, didnt think they did that?

Virgin know that they need to tweak the network for a 50MB Connection to work as the signal levels need to be perfect.

Im not being rude at all but I think you were past over to yet another call centre that needs more training.

I have made several complaints to Virgin Media Area Managers about the stupidity that seems to come from the helpdesk, doubt much will happen.

DigitalShadow
15-07-2009, 07:45
They didn't, they are posting the router and the usb stick.. where did anyone say modem?