PDA

View Full Version : Return to Virgin?

Juan90
14-07-2009, 14:21
Advice anyone please! I left Virgin over 2 years ago due to constant packet loss and or ping issues (I'm a gamer so download speeds are not that important), I got fed up with dealing with 'tech support' who would ask me to jump through the usual hoops according to their scripted helpdesk. They never actually solved the problems and I just got fed up of been given the run around by virgin - especially when they introduced a charge to speak to so-called technical support (and it took them over a week using e-mail :erm: )

I am considering returning but have obvious reservations, so any observations or recommendations please would be appreciated. I live in the Stockport area.

Thanks

GazzaB
14-07-2009, 14:46
Hi Juan90,

I'm not sure about the situation in your local area, but you could sign up and try it out and if its still not up to standard you can cancel within 28 days under the Virgin 'love me or your money back' scheme?

Gary

broadbandking
14-07-2009, 14:52
Advice anyone please! I left Virgin over 2 years ago due to constant packet loss and or ping issues (I'm a gamer so download speeds are not that important), I got fed up with dealing with 'tech support' who would ask me to jump through the usual hoops according to their scripted helpdesk. They never actually solved the problems and I just got fed up of been given the run around by virgin - especially when they introduced a charge to speak to so-called technical support (and it took them over a week using e-mail :erm: )

I am considering returning but have obvious reservations, so any observations or recommendations please would be appreciated. I live in the Stockport area.

Thanks

Whats wrong with BE just out of interest?

oliver1948uk
14-07-2009, 15:16
Tech support (such as it is) is now free again if you have a VM landline

Juan90
15-07-2009, 11:50
Whats wrong with BE just out of interest?

Tech support is free and quick but beginning to suffer from the "just do these 10,000 pointless things to check your equipment" syndrome.... connections to the european servers I play on have become worse and worse (not just my connection), and this year since o2 have added to the network my speed has dropped from 4600 to 3400 and is getting worse!:shocked:

So even VMs 10meg may be an improvemnet if they have solved some of their network problems...;)