PDA

View Full Version : 2meg to 10meg?? :s

turbocat
13-07-2009, 20:13
Hi,

i registered for the upgrade a while ago, and finally got an email about a week ago saying that we are up to 10 meg now. problem is, we are still getting 2 meg,

We are using the ntl 250 modem.

on the modem configurstion (operation config) it says:
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 2148000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 256000

I have tried turning off the modem for about 3 minutes as i have read elsewhere on the forum. but it is still the same...

any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Peter_
13-07-2009, 20:52
You need to call Tech Support who will check your account and see if the upgrade has actually gone through for you as your area may still be waiting to be done.

Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 2 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

turbocat
13-07-2009, 20:54
thanks for the reply,

ye the area has definately been upgraded, i am in the middlesbrough area

just spoke to a lady from customer support who told me it should be 10 meg, but averagely people only get 6meg?? - then was trying to talk me nto upgrading to 20meg... thought to myself, i am struggling to get off 2 meg, but according to her people averagly get 6 meg, what good is paying for 20 meg then?? :confused:

thanks for ur help...

Peter_
13-07-2009, 20:55
thanks for the reply,

You need to call up so they can check the account then.

AbyssUnderground
13-07-2009, 22:36
thanks for the reply,

just spoke to a lady from customer support who told me it should be 10 meg, but averagely people only get 6meg?? - then was trying to talk me nto upgrading to 20meg... thought to myself, i am struggling to get off 2 meg, but according to her people averagly get 6 meg, what good is paying for 20 meg then?? :confused:

thanks for ur help...

She was talking rubbish. Cable isn't like ADSL where speed relies on being close to the exchange. It relies on the area not being over-subscribed, which Middlesbrough (at least my area (TS6 0)) isn't.