PDA

View Full Version : How do you speak to a UK sales team ?

dayloon
13-07-2009, 16:07
Hi,

Im currently a VM customer but would like to upgrade my broadband and possible take out the v+ service. I don't want this to come out wrong but whenever i call any of the virgin telephone numbers i get through to somebody from india and im having a huge problem communicating my needs to them. I've tried 4 times now and just given up. They dont seem to fully understand what it is that i want to do.

Are there any phone numbers out there for UK based customer services ?

Thanks

broadbandking
13-07-2009, 16:33
Nope you will just get through to the next agent be it in the UK or India, keep trying tho, best time to call is between 8am-10am.

Ben B
13-07-2009, 16:42
You can upgrade broadband here: http://selfcare.virginmedia.com using your main email address and password.

Get V+ Here: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/index.html

graeme2b
13-07-2009, 21:38
Where about's are you? you could just go into a store....

martyh
13-07-2009, 21:48
very loudly and very slowly ;)

frogstamper
14-07-2009, 03:52
Hi,

Im currently a VM customer but would like to upgrade my broadband and possible take out the v+ service. I don't want this to come out wrong but whenever i call any of the virgin telephone numbers i get through to somebody from india and im having a huge problem communicating my needs to them. I've tried 4 times now and just given up. They dont seem to fully understand what it is that i want to do.

Thanks

Your certainly not alone in finding the Indian call center frustrating, after saying "can you repeat that please" for the umpteenth time you feel like cutting your throat.
If it was just the language barrier but they managed to sort your problem out it wouldn't be so bad, but when their was a city wide problem with VM's BB in Brighton last week, I was being told that my computer had a virus!!
I don't think its much to ask to be able to understand and be understood by the company you are paying your cash too, and not be expected to deal with in the majority of cases inept people simply because they are cheap.:td:

Electric Warrior
14-07-2009, 07:35
Your certainly not alone in finding the Indian call center frustrating, after saying "can you repeat that please" for the umpteenth time you feel like cutting your throat.
If it was just the language barrier but they managed to sort your problem out it wouldn't be so bad, but when their was a city wide problem with VM's BB in Brighton last week, I was being told that my computer had a virus!!
I don't think its much to ask to be able to understand and be understood by the company you are paying your cash too, and not be expected to deal with in the majority of cases inept people simply because they are cheap.:td:

Spot on Frogstamper. Having been a customer since the beginning, I was ready to move to another provider because of the frustration of having to deal with the call centres during the recent area problems in Brighton.

Virgin will argue that they can offer cheaper prices for broadband because they save money by having their call centres outsourced. The operators give the impression they are just reading from a prompt, and seem to offer no flexibility no matter what your problem or situation is.

It's only because there is no viable alternative where I live that I have stayed with virgin. When it works OK it's brilliant, and is most of the time, but if it goes wrong, it's a total nightmare.

frogstamper
15-07-2009, 04:32
Spot on Frogstamper. Having been a customer since the beginning, I was ready to move to another provider because of the frustration of having to deal with the call centres during the recent area problems in Brighton.

Virgin will argue that they can offer cheaper prices for broadband because they save money by having their call centres outsourced. The operators give the impression they are just reading from a prompt, and seem to offer no flexibility no matter what your problem or situation is.

It's only because there is no viable alternative where I live that I have stayed with virgin. When it works OK it's brilliant, and is most of the time, but if it goes wrong, it's a total nightmare.

As you say when VM's BB works its very good, and to be fair to them I've had very few problems, but when it does go wrong especially BB you know full well that the "Indian experience" is going to be not only a nightmare, but a pointless excercise.
Its
obvious they are reading from a pre-paired script, because each of them asks exactley the same question in the same order, after you have satisfied them with this pointless excercise this is where the "fun" starts.
I've been told in the past that my BB is being traffic managed along with the whole of Brighton because of a few heavy downloaders:nutter::
One of my other favourites was, I was losing my connection because a number of CABS [green boxes] in the Brighton area were flooded!! after getting through to CS in Swansea the following day the VM employee was obviously embarassd when he told me the guy must have made a mistake because no such thing had happened.
I'm sure there are many people on here who could relate equally useless CS from India, it really is so short-sighted to continue with this outsourcing how frustrating it is for the likes of many people on this forum who on the whole have at least a basic understanding of whats going on, imagine what its like for older people having to go through this nightmare.

chrispy2000
15-07-2009, 07:18
Hi,

Thanks

I've found the best way is when you phone take the option that you are thinking of leaving. That always get through to a UK call centre. Just explian the problem your having. I think they know the problems with India. I have always found them very helpful.

broadbandking
15-07-2009, 08:45
I've found the best way is when you phone take the option that you are thinking of leaving. That always get through to a UK call centre. Just explian the problem your having. I think they know the problems with India. I have always found them very helpful.

You can't do that if your needing help with fixing broadband as customer relations aren't techy trained.

chrispy2000
15-07-2009, 09:13
You can't do that if your needing help with fixing broadband as customer relations aren't techy trained.

Maybe not, but dayloon was having problems with CS in India not fixing BB problems. I had a Similar problem a while back, all I wanted was some info and all I could get from them was “if you give me your detail you will be up graded”.
So I got through to retentions and they were able to give me the information I wanted.
It was bad enough when tech support was in India at least you can get someone in the UK during the day, now CS is there it’s farcical. It's got to point now I dred something going wrong.:(