PDA

View Full Version : virgin media and ps3 problems since friday

stblaze1
13-07-2009, 16:55
since friday last week i have been getting lots of problems online gaming with my ps3 and after talking to lots of other players from all over uk it seems to be a common theme that its only virgin customers that are getting this problem .what is happening basically when we login sorry try to login to games it just wont let us and when we manage to actually login to games then ingame message and ingame features just arnt working

AnthonyMatthews
13-07-2009, 17:14
Exact same problem here bro virgin broadband me and a pal who both have same boradband and live in surrey england have both had problems since friday night

very annoying sum help please!!

nolan69
13-07-2009, 19:27
Yeah, same here. My internet is working fine, but online gaming with the PS3 is a no go. I can't live without my daily SOCOM fix!

mark ilford
13-07-2009, 20:02
you lot are scaring me. gonna have to check out my ps3 and make sure all is ok (as can be)

gehn
13-07-2009, 20:25
yep, i am having same problem. Been trouble free for over 2 years with the ps3. Now since friday major problems in connecting to server (socom) initalising network. Etc etc. and it does appear to be affecting virgin media customers only. I'm paying for 20mb speed test shows i'm only getting 9.6-13.5. but even when i was paying for10mb the system run well. But since friday everything has gone pear shaped? What is virgin doing? are they drip feeding us to supply thier 50mb customers? They had better sort it out or they will be looseing many customers very soon i feel.

die5el
14-07-2009, 10:50
No problems here btw on 50 meg broadband

aphex187
14-07-2009, 11:14
Same as die5el.

AnthonyMatthews
14-07-2009, 12:31
:mad: Sounds like they are drip feeding us for their 50mb customers or maybe they are doing this in an attempt to make us up our speed to 50mb. this is complete BS anyway we pay for 20mb and never get 20mb anyway. Anyone heard anything from virgin on this yet???

ill end up getting 50mb now ffs :mad:

smeagoly1
14-07-2009, 15:04
This last two weeks it's been dire and getting worse. I have had to stop gaming full stop now. My sons given up playing his PS3 as it won't even get online. Thought it was just the usual bad ADSL or congestion issues, but not 24/7. I even tried at 3 in the morning and got 600ms connection times. Yet ping tests to UK based sites are pretty decent tbh.

Tried hooking up at our neighbours on the same BT exchange but he's on a different ADSL ISP, guess what..... perfect or as best as can be gaming. 50 - 120 ms pings... well not bad for ADSL here, try 400 - 1000 if it ever logs on with VM ADSL :(

Virgin National is never the best for gaming and probably never will increase, but at times it's beyond a joke even for ADSL. If i could prove it was an ISP side of things and another provider was more stable i would jump ship.

mark ilford
16-07-2009, 18:33
mine connects ok on 50meg but still jumpy or laggy from time to time. BE are prob the best for adsl tbh

krazyhorseman
01-09-2009, 19:07
hi all
joking aside this is quiet nice to see other with the same problem lol..

i struggle to get online big time with my ps3 now after 5pm.. always getting its taking to long to sign in or been disconected from ps..
eventually when i do i cant play any game online and if i do manage to get one going i get kicked pretty much straight away...

any you guys still having this trouble??? sorted it in anyways...

im border line calling virgin now and getting a mac code to go else where lol

aphex187
02-09-2009, 11:17
Virgin need to have a 'UK' dedicated gaming broadband team if they want to have the mother all broadbands etc.

On another note, i have just tried that speedtest that comes with the PS3 3.0 firmware and it shows me having a 2.1Mbps dl rate, i want to know why none of these speedtest sites ever showing me at full speed? why is that? i have seen others do tests and they always seem to get what they are paying for!

Btw im on the 50meg.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/09/36.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

one2escape
02-09-2009, 17:01
On 50mb no problems at all

Pushkar
02-09-2009, 17:11
Virgin need to have a 'UK' dedicated gaming broadband team if they want to have the mother all broadbands etc.

On another note, i have just tried that speedtest that comes with the PS3 3.0 firmware and it shows me having a 2.1Mbps dl rate, i want to know why none of these speedtest sites ever showing me at full speed? why is that? i have seen others do tests and they always seem to get what they are paying for!

Btw im on the 50meg.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/09/36.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Ummm because a PS3 cannot support 50mb? Only roughly about 28 via Wireless.

aphex187
02-09-2009, 21:44
Ummm because a PS3 cannot support 50mb? Only roughly about 28 via Wireless.

Sorry i meant on my PC.