PDA

View Full Version : Friendly help about freeview

Arthurgray50@blu
12-07-2009, 20:35
I know, l have some good friends on this forum, and l need some technical advice.

I am shortly going to Norfolk on hols, and l have checked the Freeview site and put in the postcode ' NR29 3NW' and it comes up as, there are some channels that can be seen, I know l cannot get VM there, but are there members who can give advice on the area for the freeview service, l'll bring you back a stick of rock. - any help welcome.:):)

lucy7
12-07-2009, 20:42
You taking you telly with you Arthur? ;):)

Cant help, but can I have some rock anyway?:)

altis
12-07-2009, 21:10
Very flat, Norfolk.

Arthurgray50@blu
12-07-2009, 21:14
Lucy7, yes l am taking the telly, but don't tell the wife. Id rather watch football, then watching those silly 'bluecoats' singing. ha ha.

Peter_
12-07-2009, 21:17
Lucy7, yes l am taking the telly, but don't tell the wife. Id rather watch football, then watching those silly 'bluecoats' singing. ha ha.
Watching the telly will be infinitely better than most of the supposed entertainment on in those holiday camps.

Tezcatlipoca
12-07-2009, 21:33
Moved to the Freeview forum. I'm not sure your holiday TV viewing really fits with "Current Affairs", Arthur ;) :)

Turkey Machine
13-07-2009, 20:29
I know, l have some good friends on this forum, and l need some technical advice.

I am shortly going to Norfolk on hols, and l have checked the Freeview site and put in the postcode ' NR29 3NW' and it comes up as, there are some channels that can be seen, I know l cannot get VM there, but are there members who can give advice on the area for the freeview service, l'll bring you back a stick of rock. - any help welcome.:):)

Welcome to the sticks. :D

The Freeview box'll need re-tuning, and you'd need a very good quality high-gain aerial, possibly with a booster, to get a signal out there. It's about 30-odd miles to the transmitter.

Hugh
13-07-2009, 21:34
Doesn't the Holiday Camp have TV's in the room?

papa smurf
14-07-2009, 07:20
they baint got non o that new fangled lectric in Norfolk, oi guz there for my oliday, if its entertainment your after you can sit on the beach and watch the tubines go round [they makes lectric for lincolnshire]:D

Peter_
14-07-2009, 07:56
they baint got non o that new fangled lectric in Norfolk, oi guz there for my oliday, if its entertainment your after you can sit on the beach and watch the tubines go round [they makes lectric for lincolnshire]:D
SSSHHHH!!!

The locals believe them to be giants scaring of invaders so please don't burst their bubble

altis
14-07-2009, 09:43
And if you can get local TV its Norfolk and good.

LondonRoad
14-07-2009, 10:30
Just think of all the TV programming that Norfolk has provided for us

There was Sale of the Century and .{think, think think} and ehh.. well too many to list really:erm:;)

papa smurf
14-07-2009, 14:08
Doesn't the Holiday Camp have TV's in the room?

roust--roust every von out of bed.
tv in der dorm you a very funny.

Hugh
14-07-2009, 15:06
roust--roust every von out of bed.
tv in der dorm you a very funny.
I see NOTHING! I know NOTHING! ;)

fireman328
14-07-2009, 15:38
You taking you telly with you Arthur? ;):)

Cant help, but can I have some rock anyway?:)

Now that is a real teleaddict :)