PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Data Bundle

dilli-theclaw
12-07-2009, 16:56
Is there an addon that I can get to put on my virgin mobile acccount so that I can get unlimited data (well up to the fair use thingy anyway) on my account?

Cheers - Dilli :)

BenMcr
12-07-2009, 16:58
Nope

Though it only works out to be £9 a month if you use it every day - which is about the same as other networks add ons anyway

dilli-theclaw
12-07-2009, 17:01
I thought tmobile web'n'walk was £5 I was hoping virgin would do the same thing.

Anyway cheers :)

BenMcr
12-07-2009, 17:08
Hmm yeah, like T-Mobile allow Virgin to offer the same deal as they themselves do ;)

dilli-theclaw
12-07-2009, 17:09
Well it may not be a problem, I have as yet no idea how much data the iPhone will use on a day while I'm out and about.

BenMcr
12-07-2009, 17:10
iPhone on Virgin - not at all jailbroken then hehe

dilli-theclaw
12-07-2009, 17:13
Yup ;) the only problem I had was getting the MMS working, but that's sorted now :)

bopdude
12-07-2009, 18:30
Well it may not be a problem, I have as yet no idea how much data the iPhone will use on a day while I'm out and about.

Well in the 5 or 6 months that I've had mine I've only used ............. sent 17.2 mb received 243 mb, not a lot and probably only average use, getting more use at the moment.

Pushkar
12-07-2009, 19:57
Well in the 5 or 6 months that I've had mine I've only used ............. sent 17.2 mb received 243 mb, not a lot and probably only average use, getting more use at the moment.

In Contrast I use about 200mb a month, that's just by browsing the web, using networking apps etc.

What plan are you on for Virgin? Is it a contract? If not, if network coverage is good in your area - try o2, www.o2.co.uk/simplicity

BenMcr
12-07-2009, 19:59
Did you not see the OFCOM chart published for the O2 3G coverage? They did not do well

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/08/ofcom_3gmap_suppressed/

webcrawler2050
12-07-2009, 20:07
02's 3G Network is the poorest out there - Vodafone seem to have the fastest and most stable 3G connect out there.. Thats just my thought though..

Pushkar
12-07-2009, 20:42
Prices aren't great there however :P, God knows about the Support - o2 have really got their act together in the last few years.

And anyway, o2 Coverage here in London is quite nice, obviously if you live somewhere in the countryside - well I don't care about there.

punky
12-07-2009, 23:37
Virgin Mobile do a pay-monthly package that includes unlimited data but starts at £18/month. Doesn't say if you can have the data proportion separately, but its on a 30 day contract. The price works out at £3 more than the equivalent non-data package.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

dilli-theclaw
27-07-2009, 11:10
HHHmmm further to this, I had an email from virgin mobile about my t&c being changed, I quote the relevent part....

'All in all, there’s never been a better time to be with Virgin Mobile. Of course, as always, when we let you know about any major changes you have the right to cancel your contract… but talk to us first! '

I was wondering if this means if I phone them and tell them I DO want to leave how much they are going to charge me.... Or will they let me change to a contract that does include unlimited data that they do now.

bopdude
27-07-2009, 11:28
HHHmmm further to this, I had an email from virgin mobile about my t&c being changed, I quote the relevent part....

'All in all, there’s never been a better time to be with Virgin Mobile. Of course, as always, when we let you know about any major changes you have the right to cancel your contract… but talk to us first! '

I was wondering if this means if I phone them and tell them I DO want to leave how much they are going to charge me.... Or will they let me change to a contract that does include unlimited data that they do now.

Only one way to find out mate :shrug: but play hardball :tu:

dilli-theclaw
27-07-2009, 12:50
oh I could phone - but I was hoping someone who works for them could tell me so that I am right on my facts when I call ;)

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

I just called and a very nice lady sorted it all out for me. She has put me on a tariff with 500 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data :)

dilli-theclaw
27-07-2009, 18:23
....something went wrong. They removed my old contract ok, but for some reason couldn't add the new one. Which left me with no free mins or texts. Anyway I phoned them up and they added 40 mins and 40 texts for me.

Good service, but I'm a little irritated they couldn't tell me when it'll be sorted, just 'out IT guys' are looking into it.