PDA

View Full Version : My Virgin Media ?

12noon
12-07-2009, 13:09
I don't know where to post this, but here's my problem.

I've been with cable since Yorkshire cable, then Telewest and now Virgin. I started off with TV and dial up internet and upgraded as and when the services were available. I'm now on V+ TV, Telephone and cable modem. My problem is that my Virgin Media account is still in my wife's maiden name and according to the log-in i'm still on dial-up internet. Clicking upgrade just gives an error and i can't do a thing on the website. My blueyonder email address still works ok though with the same account.

12noon
12-07-2009, 13:59
We have asked for the name to be changed from Bird to Thornton before and they say they will, but haven't and the bills still come with Bird on.

We can't do anything with this online billing stuff and can't upgrade without phoning up.

Ben B
12-07-2009, 14:10
You need to ring up Customer Services on 150 and tell them that it is saying you are on dial up, something has obviously gone wrong when they changed the billing system over. They should be able to sort it out for you. Unless they have changed which account is your default broadband account and that one you are logged into is assigned to a completely different internet account. Either way you need to ring them and find out what is going on.

12noon
20-07-2009, 17:52
Sorted, well almost.

I phoned up and asked about the name change. Couldn't do it though because i would need to send in a copy of my wedding certificate. I've been married 8 years.

I asked about my log-in and it turns out i have another account. When i log in to my other account (that i didn't know about) everything is OK and i'm on broadband. The page i have been logging into is from 2001 and is my old unused dial-up account. It's still active for some reason though.
The thing is that i have a website on that old account and good alias email addresses. Oh well never mind.

Ben B
20-07-2009, 18:03
You can ask them to merge the accounts for you and then you will have the alias and webspace url you want.

BenMcr
20-07-2009, 18:04
They can't merge them - but can replace one with the other.

There are a lot of ntl customers that are using the 'wrong' logins without realising as it has rarely mattered till recently

12noon
20-07-2009, 18:18
Because the old account still works, i've now got double the free webspace.