PDA

View Full Version : 50meg - unknown problem?

UnReaL
11-07-2009, 01:05
Since Tuesday afternoon, I have been unable to get onto the Internet, the computer was left on, whilst I went to the Post Office, but when I came back, the ready light kept flashing, I didn't even have to check Firefox to confirm the Internet was down, I dialled 150 from VM Phone. VM support booked out a engineer for Friday (yesterday).

Thursday afternoon, at around 1pm I received a text message from VM, saying that a fault in my area was fixed, so I checked out the cable modem and the Internet, but still no luck.

Engineer came out in on Friday morning I was told it would be fixed by 12pm that sameday.

So I've waited, since Tuesday afternoon for VM to fix whatever issue it is, (ready-light flashing constantly), there was apparently an issue in the Greater Manchester area according to VM Support.

I'm still waiting for it to be fixed, anyone else having issues in Manchester?

I've been staring at the Cable Modem every 15 minutes, to see if it has become stable, but it hasn't.

How can it be taking to long to fix this?

It's now Saturday morning, as I've written this, using my brothers Vodafone 3G USB Mobile Broadband connection.

Peter_
11-07-2009, 08:44
You need to call the 50Mb support line for an update.

50Mb support line number.

0800 052 0431

Do not call if not 50Mb as you will be asked to hang up as the is no facility to transfer you to Broadband Support.

Ronsommer
12-07-2009, 00:02
Thanks for posting that 50mbit support number, I hadn't heard of that.

Just called them and was told it's something wrong with my line specifically and not an area fault (I'm in Manc city centre and it has been down all Saturday).