PDA

View Full Version : "Ready" Light flashing on NTL-255? Inet Works Fine..

Toilet-Duck
10-07-2009, 23:27
Ever since my exchange was upgraded to support 50 meg on QAM256 my "Ready" light has constantly flashed.

Is this normal or should I contact an engineer?

My internet works fine and I have no speed issues, but I was reading it shouldnt be flashing?

I am on 20MEG

Ive reset the modem and it still does the same as well as reset to defaults on my MODEM.

I just dont want it to suddently die on me.

Cheers!

Ben B
10-07-2009, 23:32
I think it means it's not locking onto the network properly, you should call tech support or post on the newsgroups and get it checked out.

dev
10-07-2009, 23:34
Same thing happened to mine. Try rebooting it in a few days if the flashing bothers you, periodical checks for a few days after and it was flashing all the time so I doubt it's a problem. Modem is still working fine yet the ready light is solid now.

Toilet-Duck
11-07-2009, 18:36
Here are my stats:

Downstream Lock : Locked Downstream Channel Id : 56 Downstream Frequency : 322750000 Hz Downstream Modulation : QAM256 Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17 Downstream Receive Power Level : 2.7 dBmV Downstream SNR : 39.4 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked Upstream Channel ID : 2 Upstream Frequency : 45800000 Hz Upstream Modulation : QAM16 Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec Upstream transmit Power Level : 40.0 dBmV Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Peter_
11-07-2009, 19:14
Ever since my exchange was upgraded to support 50 meg on QAM256 my "Ready" light has constantly flashed.

Is this normal or should I contact an engineer?

My internet works fine and I have no speed issues, but I was reading it shouldnt be flashing?

I am on 20MEG

Ive reset the modem and it still does the same as well as reset to defaults on my MODEM.

I just dont want it to suddently die on me.

Cheers!
The ready light should never flash so you need to call Tech Support who will advise as to what they will do.

monkey2468
11-07-2009, 22:28
The return path is locked but the ready light is flashing, it's probably just a faulty flashing light as he has connection. I wouldn't worry about if its working correctly.

Oh..... or you on wireless?

Peter_
11-07-2009, 22:42
The return path is locked but the ready light is flashing, it's probably just a faulty flashing light as he has connection. I wouldn't worry about if its working correctly.

Oh..... or you on wireless?
If he called in they would probably swap out the modem as it may cause confusion for some call centre staff.:D

dev
12-07-2009, 00:05
If he called in they would probably swap out the modem as it may cause confusion for some call centre staff.:D

Anything can confuse them, I got asked if the modem had power after saying the sync/ready lights were on solid :p:

As for the flashing ready light, how long has it been doing it? As I said, mine did it for a few days at least and at some point went back to being a solid light, may even have been after I had it switched off for 10/15mins.