PDA

View Full Version : no phone service..one week for an engineer!

faze
10-07-2009, 20:07
I had no phone service since yesterday morning. They arranged for a engineer to visit next Thursday.

Is this normal?

I think's pretty outrageous - having no phone line for 7 days is extremely inconvenient. I don't think it's fair to be charged monthly line rental and XL fee for this month. Do virgin media offer compensation?

Also how do I complain about this ? I don't have access to a phone at home and don't want to be using my mobile to speak to someone in india who doesn't have a clue!

BenMcr
10-07-2009, 20:15
You certainly should get credit for the loss of the services for 7 days

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/contact/complaint-feedback.php has a complaint form

faze
10-07-2009, 23:13
You certainly should get credit for the loss of the services for 7 days

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/contact/complaint-feedback.php has a complaint form

Thanks for that :)

moaningmags
10-07-2009, 23:15
It used to be if your phone line went down you got an engineer within 9 hours. Doesn't seem to happen anymore though.

BenMcr
10-07-2009, 23:23
All depends on engineer avaliablility though. Faults will generally offer 'First Avaliable' which is exactly what it says

dodgem22
11-07-2009, 10:59
It used to be if your phone line went down you got an engineer within 9 hours. Doesn't seem to happen anymore though.

There seems to be a lot of faults around though in my area alone there have been three area faults this week alone so the engineers are very busy i expect fixing a huge amount of faults

faze
11-07-2009, 18:48
are they supoosed to acknowledge your complaint ?
I filled in the online complaint page yesterday but haven't heard anything from them.
Is there an email address I can send a complaint to?

arcamalpha2004
11-07-2009, 19:25

Maybe VM need to put that in their marketing letters I seem to get every week or so?

" Come back to VM for your telephone service and we promise that if you have a dead line it will be repaired quickly, not in nine hours like we used to but in ....... hours "

Even more reason to stay with BT me thinks ;)

petethemanc
18-07-2009, 10:34
Im not sure about vm, but when i worked for BT they would arrange for all calls to be diverted to your mobile at their cost.