PDA

View Full Version : Torrents Downloading Slow

Zee
09-07-2009, 12:27
You may say its to do with which tracker etc... but this is a private tracker so speeds should be maximum since there are over 100 seeds on this current torrent, and this problem isn't just this torrent, its all torrents lately.

Im on 20Mb connection, and in the past have always downloaded on full speed from this website for over a year since i been a member to that site, but now about maximum the torrents get are around 500KB/s sometimes goes up to 700KB/s for about 1 minute then goes back down, and it takes a long time to connect to seeds. for about 5 minutes it will be stuck at connected to 0 seeds then eventually it will go up slowly to 1 seed then maybe 3 then 6 then 8 then 10 etc... but this process is very slow.

eventually after about 20 minutes it manages to connect to enough seeds to download at a decent speed (around 1.5MB/s-2.2MB/s) but i don't think it should take this long as it never used to.

Is this to do with Virgin, the torrent site or my computer? anyone got a clue?

broadbandking
09-07-2009, 12:35
Most likely to do with the seeds or trackers, if Virgin was blocking torrents the speed wouldn't increase, what operating system are you using and what cleint are you using?

Zee
09-07-2009, 13:38
Most likely to do with the seeds or trackers, if Virgin was blocking torrents the speed wouldn't increase, what operating system are you using and what cleint are you using?

Im using Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 and uTorrent 1.8.3

broadbandking
09-07-2009, 13:55
I had a similar issue when using Vista the torrents would take ages to start, but then I reinstalled XP and was fine, have you tryed messing with the TCP settings?

Zee
09-07-2009, 14:21
I had a similar issue when using Vista the torrents would take ages to start, but then I reinstalled XP and was fine, have you tryed messing with the TCP settings?

I been using Vista since it was released and i've never had a problem before though.

I haven't done anything to TCP settings because i wouldn't know how to

broadbandking
09-07-2009, 14:24
Try uninstalling sp2 and see if thats the issue