PDA

View Full Version : No internet for 2 days.

nash
06-07-2009, 08:48
Hi,

I came home from work on saturday to find we had no internet connnection. My daughter said it had been off all day, so i rang CS and was told there was a fault in the area (BB2..) which they were hoping to have fixed by 6pm that day.

Still no connection this morning, and nothing i could see on the status page at VM.

Anyone having the same problem or know anything about the fault.

Thanks

Mick Fisher
06-07-2009, 08:50
Report it via the news group.

zing_deleted
06-07-2009, 09:10
I just had a weekend with my 20 meg down and it was the move over to new equipment.

Peter_
06-07-2009, 09:14
Hi,

I came home from work on saturday to find we had no internet connnection. My daughter said it had been off all day, so i rang CS and was told there was a fault in the area (BB2..) which they were hoping to have fixed by 6pm that day.

Still no connection this morning, and nothing i could see on the status page at VM.

Anyone having the same problem or know anything about the fault.

Thanks
What are the lights doing on your modem.

Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

If using an Ambit modem please click here
http://root:root@192.168.100.1/CmOpConfig.asp

If using any other modem click here
http://192.168.100.1/

What I want you to post is the Downstream power levels including the SNR and the Upstream power levels for me thanks.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nash
06-07-2009, 10:01
What are the lights doing on your modem

Hi,

Power light ON,
Enet light ON,
Sync light constant fast flashing
Ready light slow flashing 2/3 times

then it repeats.

Will have to wait untill i get home to paste the power levels etc.

Thanks

Peter_
06-07-2009, 11:19
Hi,

Power light ON,
Enet light ON,
Sync light constant fast flashing
Ready light slow flashing 2/3 times

then it repeats.

Will have to wait untill i get home to paste the power levels etc.

Thanks
You need to call Tech Support when you get home on 151 from a Virgin phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone because you will not get online with the Sync and Ready lights flashing, they will be able to advise of an area fault or the need for an engineer visit.

nash
06-07-2009, 11:56
Hi,
thanks for that. I actually rang them on friday and saturday, and was told there was a fault in my area, they were hoping to have it fixed by 6pm friday and then 8pm saturday.

Are there any VM employees visiting here today that know anything about the fault at BB2 ?

Thanks

MovedGoalPosts
06-07-2009, 12:39
Are they still saying the fault exists now?

nash
06-07-2009, 12:51
Hi,

I havn't been able to ring them as yet, but it wasn't on this morning as i left for work.

Thanks

nash
07-07-2009, 08:56
hi,

back on this morning,

thanks for all your comments