PDA

View Full Version : Connection Dropping on 50Mbit

SpaceDog
03-07-2009, 23:08
Hi all seem to have developed a problem with my 50Mbit line, using VM modem and the wireless router they gave me but i keep getting random drops on my line and have to restart my router and pc, and somtimes the modem itself to get the line backup, had been working fine since i got it about a month ago. Hooked the modem up to the pc directly to check the settings on it.

Upstream power level is at 48.25 dBmV and the 4 downstream power levels are at 4.23, 4.52, 4.46 and 3.84

Also seeing alot of errors in the event log at the times the line drops, few examples of them are

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=****;CMTS-MAC=****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; which it says is a critical error and

TEK Invalid - Invalid Key Sequence Number;CM-MAC=****;CMTS-MAC=****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; which are just warnign ones but are always followed by the above critical error

also got a few Auth Invalid - Unauthorized CM;CM-MAC=****;CMTS-MAC=****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; warning errors as well mixed in

Anyone know if the power levels are ok and can anyone tell me what might be causing the errors and the line drops, its very frustrating when it happens.

Thanks

roger_chef
04-07-2009, 00:49
up is a bit lower than mine but is ok, down is fine I think. why cant ur modem spell warning? maybe thats why? sorry ive been 2 pub :D have u posted on vm newsgroups?

SpaceDog
05-07-2009, 22:19
havnt posted on newsgroups, not sure how to do it

Peter_
05-07-2009, 22:55
havnt posted on newsgroups, not sure how to do it
Try the 50Mb support line in the morning from 0800 as it will be quicker than the newsgroups.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
50Mb support line number.

0800 052 0431

Do not call if not 50Mb as you will be asked to hang up as the is no facility to transfer you to Broadband Support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

xocemp
05-07-2009, 23:04
Missed the cp on newsgroups setup.
Help setting up OE for newsgroups
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/newsgroups/setting-up.php

If you can set this up you'll be better supported as the groups are manned by 2nd line agents.

Moldova are you from Pune or Delhi?