PDA

View Full Version : It's summer holiday season

SB_07
02-07-2009, 17:04
Anyone going on holiday during the summer? Overseas? Britain?

I'm off to Amsterdam on Monday, and then New York in August. It'll be my first time in America so if anyone has any tips, please share =)

Aragorn
03-07-2009, 09:51
You'll be the one sharing the tips ;) Americans expect it for everything.
Have a look at -
http://www.bigapplegreeter.org/ - volunteer guides to get the real NY
http://nycgo.com/ - NY tourist info
If you are booking flight & hotel independently, use Supershuttle (http://www.supershuttle.com/JFK_shuttle.aspx)to get from airport to hotel. Much better than trying to drive.

Charlie_Bubble
03-07-2009, 09:51
Went to Thailand last month for 3 weeks. Caught the Swine flu on the plane home.

Staying with my parents in Cornwall next week and also another week in August.

Remember you have to register online before you fly to the states these days.

Fingy
03-07-2009, 11:34
Going to Florida for 2 weeks in Sept.

Remember to work the price of things out once you include sales tax in America.

superbiatch
03-07-2009, 11:44
Not booked anything yet, but a week in the sun is in the pipeline ;)

Where are the staying in Amsterdam? Been before? I've been about 10 times, love it there! I'd live there if the cost of living wasn't so expensive.

skyblueheroes
03-07-2009, 22:57
Went to NY about 2 yrs ago.

Do the free Staten Island ferry for a good view of the Statue of Liberty.
Go up Empire State. Probably worth pre-booking.
Pay for the open top bus. Good for the tour, plus you can hop on/off at the sights.

Hugh
04-07-2009, 00:07
Greece (the Pelion) for two weeks, in two weeks.

Mal
04-07-2009, 00:11
Rome in August, for 5 days.

Mr_love_monkey
04-07-2009, 00:13
Gran Canaria - next Saturday for 11 nights.

Hom3r
04-07-2009, 00:24
Anyone going on holiday during the summer? Overseas? Britain?

I'm off to Amsterdam on Monday, and then New York in August. It'll be my first time in America so if anyone has any tips, please share =)

Visit The Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty.

A must should be Ground Zero, I have had some friens go there and they said it was a awesome, but powerful place.

Becareful when ordering food, for example in MacDonalds, there small is our medium.

When we went to Florida we asked for a large coke, three adults just about drank it.

Mr_love_monkey
04-07-2009, 00:29
Visit The Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty.

A must should be Ground Zero, I have had some friens go there and they said it was a awesome, but powerful place.

Becareful when ordering food, for example in MacDonalds, there small is our medium.

When we went to Florida we asked for a large coke, three adults just about drank it.

oh yeah - 'tall daddy beers' - great stuff...

homealone
04-07-2009, 00:33
Baltic Cruise - 10 days starting early August :)

Includes visiting Copenhagen, Helsinki, Gdansk, St Petersberg, Stockholm, Tallinn & Oslo :)

SMG
04-07-2009, 00:58
Baltic Cruise - 10 days starting early August :)

Includes visiting Copenhagen, Helsinki, Gdansk, St Petersberg, Stockholm, Tallinn & Oslo :)

The wife & I fancy that trip, would like to see Iceland too.

Driving to Amsterdam in a few weeks to visit the Brother in law & family, from Manchester Via the Channel tunnel with B&B in Kent. Probably stay for about a week, may have a run round Germany as well. Majorca in Nov for 2 weeks. Looking for somewhere for Xmas.

homealone
04-07-2009, 01:04
The wife & I fancy that trip, would like to see Iceland too.

Driving to Amsterdam in a few weeks to visit the Brother in law & family, from Manchester Via the Channel tunnel with B&B in Kent. Probably stay for about a week, may have a run round Germany as well. Majorca in Nov for 2 weeks. Looking for somewhere for Xmas.

Lucky for me I may have to visit Iceland for work the week after getting back from holiday - which could involve driving a few hundred Km, so I should see a good deal of the scenery :)

SMG
04-07-2009, 01:07
Well m8, apparently its a beautiful place & well worth a visit.

Enjoy.

homealone
04-07-2009, 01:11
Well m8, apparently its a beautiful place & well worth a visit.

Enjoy.

Thanks - land of Ice & Fire - looking forward to it - but glad the holiday comes first ;)

SMG
04-07-2009, 01:14
Your welcome m8, Thats it, Fire & Ice, I was trying to think of the term my wife used. We are a bit stretched this year, but next year, I hope so.

SB_07
05-07-2009, 02:23
You all seem to be off to some interesting places, enjoy! And thanks for the NY tips, i'll pretty much only be sightseeing and eating when i'm there, not going to buy unnecessary stuff that i can get anywhere!