PDA

View Full Version : No surround sound using Sky HD

bifty
02-07-2009, 15:05
Hi everyone,
I have just had Sky HD installed this week after upgrading from Sky+. I have a Plasma Panasonic which receives Freesat etc. A Phillips surround system which worked fine with Sky+.
I have an optical lead fitted from the Sky box to the surround system.
I get SS when watching Freesat, Freeview or analogue. When I switch on Sky HD the sound will only work through the TV?
I have tried a scart lead into Sky and that works with SS. It seems to be the HDMI cable which overrides the optical lead. I have checked the settings in Sky / TV and tried everything (I think!) :dozey:
Does anybody out there have any ideas what I can do.

Graham M
02-07-2009, 15:09
Go Services->System Setup->Audio Settings and play about with the settings in there
HTH

bifty
02-07-2009, 17:51
Have tried that and nothing doing.
The HDMI setting on the TV is set to digital. I have tried the optical lead from the Sky box and also directly from the TV. Which is the correct set up?

WozzaTT
08-11-2009, 13:34
Hi everyone,
I have just had Sky HD installed this week after upgrading from Sky+. I have a Plasma Panasonic which receives Freesat etc. A Phillips surround system which worked fine with Sky+.
I have an optical lead fitted from the Sky box to the surround system.
I get SS when watching Freesat, Freeview or analogue. When I switch on Sky HD the sound will only work through the TV?
I have tried a scart lead into Sky and that works with SS. It seems to be the HDMI cable which overrides the optical lead. I have checked the settings in Sky / TV and tried everything (I think!) :dozey:
Does anybody out there have any ideas what I can do.

Hi - I have this exact same problem. Did you ever resolve it?

Optical cable worked fine from Sky+ box to surround sound but with Sky HD it only works if you unplug it and then plug it back in each time you switch on which is very annoying!

It seems that the Sky HD box only recognises the optical cable if the signal is interrupted and then re-connected??!

progers
09-11-2009, 21:41
Unsure if set up for Virgin V+ box is the same but I have to feed sound via optical cable from the TV to the S/S box.