PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to use my upgrade allowance?

Roseblue
01-07-2009, 06:00
My mobile phone is with Virgin and is pay as you go. I'm happy with my phone just as it is - simple. I want to get my grandson a new phone. I have his number set up on my account and often top us both up at the same time. My upgrade allowance is £30.00 and his is £10. My question is this. Can I combine both our upgrade allowances and put it towards a new phone for him from the Virgin online shop where my account is? The info on the page is a bit unclear. And if this is a good way to go, how should I proceed. Is it a simple case of choosing a phone and letting them know that I want to use my upgrade allowance towards it?

dave_dph
04-07-2009, 08:06
Can I combine both our upgrade allowances and put it towards a new phone for him from the Virgin online shop where my account is? The info on the page is a bit unclear. And if this is a good way to go, how should I proceed. Is it a simple case of choosing a phone and letting them know that I want to use my upgrade allowance towards it?

I don't think you can combine the two rewards from different numbers, but you could call them on 789 and ask.

You can order a new phone through your online account and apply the reward before you go through the checkout, you don't have to order it over the phone.

Roseblue
04-07-2009, 15:25
Thanks. Been looking at them today and might go ahead and buy one using my upgrade reward. Thanks again.