PDA

View Full Version : 50 Meg Problems

jgrove
30-06-2009, 21:20
Please bare with me on this one,

I was one a lucky few who got to trail 50 meg last year. It didn't work from the outset but with around 4 days i was up and running, over the trail time it worked and didn't work on average twice a week.

This year it has been better, but i now loose the connection for sometimes 3 to 4 days at a time, as the upstream signal level is poor. I never had this issue with 20 meg.

I have had lots of engineers come out, even the senior area manager. The last resort was to replace the cable, but they haven't i have downgraded to 20 meg which seems far more tolerant to the signal levels.

An engineer is coming out tomorrow as i hope to move back up to the 50 meg service, (i only downgraded this morning just to get online to do some work)

I thought i would run this past some of the experts in the forum.

I live close to the Cab, max 10 meters away. The cable runs up my drive and is cut and rejoined it run round the side of my house where it is spilt with a standard splitter, one cable to the tv the other to the modem, there is a small cut in the wire that someone has taped up with pvc tape.

Now can someone give me a clue as to why my signal levels go up and down like a yo-yo

The last thing the engineers did was move my cable connection in the cab to the very bottom of the amp unit.

Any help appreciated as i do want my 50 meg service back.

Cheers