PDA

View Full Version : My friends having bad times.

Theninjagecko
30-06-2009, 20:48
My mates having big issues with virgin at the moment, he asked me to post his write up.

""
Where do I start. Firstly I recently phoned up to upgrade to their 50meg broadband, (I previously had 20meg) when I tried to book the upgrade I was told I couldn’t because I wasn’t the account holder. (which I am).

They had got the name on the account wrong! and I would have to phone customer services to get this changed. So I phoned up customer services and expalined I wanted 50meg but couldn’t because the account information was incorrect and I needed to change the name. 5 minutes later after some security questions they “changed” the name on the account.

I then proceeded to order 50meg and chose my installation date. I bartered with them for quite some time to get a free install and pay the same price for the broadband as I already was. So thats FREE installation and £35 a month for 50meg broadband. “Yes sir, we can do that”.

Install day comes around, engineer turns up and installs 50meg for me, when I say install I mean he swapped the modem over and left me with an unsecured wireless network and a speedtest.net tested broadband connection.

Later that evening I though I would grab a few demo from off Usenet. Downloaded 2-3 gig and then the connection grinded to a slow crawl. No problem I thought, just teething problems. So I rebooted the modem and off it went again. 500-600meg later, slowed down again.

Phoned up customer services and booked a techie to come out and look at the problem. The techie that came out was a complete numpty. Ran speedtest.net a few times and said the problem must be with my computer because speeds from the CAB back to the data centre were fine. So he left it at that and left.

Now I tried the connection on a Laptop from work, a Laptop of my own, another system of my own and my PS3. You guessed it! The connection was still slow.

Slow to the point of my PS3 not even being able to sign in to Playstation Network.

Getting fed up with Technical Support from India, I seeked advice on these forums and ended up getting in touch with Techies via the Virgin Media newsgroups. After posting many modem stats to them they rebooked another Engineer to come out.

All of these problems are still on going and the network technicians still say there is no problem with the line. However, there is hope! The new techie that came around (Paul) his name is. What a godsend! He’s been the most helpful person I have ever come across. He has been investigating and trying to get the network techies to check outthe line but they just won’t because the speed from the cab back to the data centre is fine!

Paul is dropping in to see me again this Thursday, he popped in on Monday too, while I was at work to do a quick test of the connection and suprise suprise the connection was bottlenecking at around 10meg.

He is going to have a sit down with me on Thursday with his own laptop to try and figure out whats going wrong. He also gave me his mobile number in case I ever needed to contact a techie! What a guy, he deserves a medal!

Oh my! I hear you say…..

Today I received the bill through the post :eek: The name on the account had been changed back to what it was previously!

Can you guess what charges are on the account? You probably guessed right!

£50 installation/activation.
£52! XXL Broadband! even though we have top TV package and a Phone Line!!
£10.33 Partial Months Service too! (half a month of 20meg BB)

So I phone up customer services to get the name on the account changed again, but this time things are different! Because the name has been wrong for longer than 2 years I have to write a letter to the Swansea department with Proof of ID to get it changed. (This wasn’t the case when I wanted to order more services).

I also asked about the charges for the installation and broadband, because I don’t have it in writing there is not a thing I can do about the fee’s. I HAVE to pay them. I was blatently lied to on the phone when ordering the upgrade. The name on the account never got changed! and to top it all off because I upgraded my 28 day grace period does not entitle me to get a refund for the installation!

I then phoned up the Billing department, just to confirm that what I had been told was true, and yes I do have to send proof of ID in writing to get the name on the account changed.

I also asked about the on going problem with the broadband and wanted to know why I should pay for a service that they are not providing. I was told I would be discounted for the loss of service… GOOD!!!

However, they cannot refund me any service charges yet as the problem has not yet been rectified! So I am paying full price for a shoddy service and have to continue paying full price for a shoddy service untill the problems are fixed, which up untill now Virgin are not even admitting there is a problem!

HELP ME BEFORE I GO CLINICALLY INSANE!
http://www.thesnipergecko.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/506786568.png
http://www.thesnipergecko.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/506779952.png
http://www.thesnipergecko.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/506783639.png
"