PDA

View Full Version : Move old BT extensions, but not to Virgin master

amfuller
28-06-2009, 20:21
Hi there,

Relates to another post (Using existing Bt sockets with virgin), but does differ somewhat. On Monday (8-1 p.m. thereabouts) I'm having the 3 services put in.

I wish to have the master socket in the office (next to plugs and desk) where the modem will be but also have the old extensions linked to the BT master socket work too; the master BT socket, you see, is next to the door (not the office). I has planned to have them feed and Virgin extension off the master to be placed next to the BT master next to the door and the move the master extension wires over to the Virgin extension.

So, the question, simply, is can you rewire BT extensions to a virgin extension for the old BT ones to work or does the virgin master have to be next to the old BT master for this all to work?

P.S. I wanted the master in the office so that I may get the best broadband speed (the line comes into the office from outside anyhow).

nodrogd
28-06-2009, 23:23
P.S. I wanted the master in the office so that I may get the best broadband speed (the line comes into the office from outside anyhow).

The broadband on Virgin comes through a coax cable and not a telephone line.