PDA

View Full Version : How much?

CableNutter
27-06-2009, 19:48
Hi guys i was wondering how much more the 50 meg package would cost if upgrading from the 20 meg tier with size XL for everything
Thanks in advance

Ben B
27-06-2009, 20:10
Hi guys i was wondering how much more the 50 meg package would cost if upgrading from the 20 meg tier with size XL for everything
Thanks in advance

£68 per month + £50 one off installation fee I think

smcaul
27-06-2009, 20:50
I got the Triple XL pack and ordered the XXL BB yesterday, I have been charged an additional £11 per month and £20 connection, the install was free, also was told I will be getting a new wireless router and dongle free of charge.

However, it took numerous calls to get this, the offshore call ctrs were telling me it was about £25 extra per month!!!!

vinh1000
27-06-2009, 21:25
£68 per month + £50 one off installation fee I think

bang on lol ;)
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/triple-builder.html
Just checked it here
£57 per month + £11 line rental
but i see a picture of a button saying free installation :erm:

CableNutter
27-06-2009, 23:23
Cheers fellas, just to make sure 50 meg is available in Dover right, i checked the postcode/address and it confirmed it is but sometimes the checkers are inacurate

Milambar
28-06-2009, 04:30
That is actually a nice tool for calculating bundle prices, but a bit deceptive, since the price it quotes is sans-the phoneline rental (so always add £11 to the price it quotes).

Yes, it does say "When taken with..", but in the smallest font they could get away with, and at the bottom.

Why can they not program it to display the price INCLUSIVE of the phoneline rental, considering its a mandatory part of the deals offered by the bundle builder.

LOL! I also noticed it automatically opts you in for one of the extras packages too. I bet a lot of people don't notice that either. Naughty.

Still, all in all, a nice tool. I worked out I could get broadband XL for approx £5 more than Im paying for Broadband L. Not that I'm interested in XL, I don't download, therefore it won't be worth it for me.