PDA

View Full Version : VM blocking rapidshare?

Ruki
27-06-2009, 13:32
Lately I've been unable to use rapidshare. I can download around 300mb then my downloads will stop. Not only that but I wont be able to access their website either. After about 30mins, they resume again. There's no problem with my connection, router, firewall etc. When I use a proxy everything works fine. So I'm sure it's VM doing this. Whom can I speak to about it? I download about 1GB daily and i dont think it's fair they're doing this.

Sirius
27-06-2009, 14:05
I think the mods need to put a sticky on this forum with common questions and there answers. VM are NOT blocking Rapid share. If you search this forum you will find loads of posts just like yours and they all come to the same conclusion which is VM don't block Rapid share.

Here is one search on this forum i carried out.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33647548-rapidshare-blocked-virgin-media.html

AbyssUnderground
27-06-2009, 15:51
Rapidshare block you, not VM. Its a bandwidth limit to stop abuse of the service. If you want to download more, you need to get a RS Premium account.

vinh1000
28-06-2009, 09:02
Rapidshare definitely not blocked here

Paul
28-06-2009, 12:08
So I'm sure it's VM doing this. Whom can I speak to about it? I download about 1GB daily and i dont think it's fair they're doing this.
VM do not block rapidshare, or any other file sharing site.

Dead Cell
08-07-2009, 02:54
Guys I am also having exacty the same problem as the OP. I am 100% sure it is VM because I also have Sky broadband and as soon as I switch over to Sky, download begins and I am able to access rapidshare.com. Switch over to VM and I can download probably 100MB and then blocked for 30 minutes!

I am going to call VM tomorrow and cancel my service! I only had it installed yesterday! :mad:

So lucky I didn't cancel my Sky broadband! :dunce: but still :mad:

EDIT: Just to add that Rapidshare is now working fine after I took off the Netgear router and connected the modem dirtectly to the PC. I have downloaded well over 2GB non stop and I'm downloading more now for further testing. But before I could download for a few minutes before being blocked for about 30 mins so I'd say problem solved. Now just need to figure out what the deal is with the Netgear router! More investigation needed but I'm out of time, will have to be tomorrow. Sleep time! :(

Cheers,

Dead Cell
08-07-2009, 23:18
Just to add, try Rapidshares File Manager, worked fine for me. Flashget is somehow causing problems with the Netgear router, causing the router to block the whole rapidshare domain!

Please let us know whether it works.

Regards.

MovedGoalPosts
08-07-2009, 23:21
Not quite sure why we have two threads running over the same issue:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33647548-rapidshare-blocked-virgin-media.html

Duplicate thread closed.