PDA

View Full Version : 2mb not upgraded to 10mb?

furlong86
27-06-2009, 10:46
I phoned virgin media yesterday and they manually upgraded my broadband to the 10mb service as there was a problem when i done it online via the go faster site,they said there should have been a change of a service code once i registered for the speed increase but in my case it never happened,they said my service code was missing!anyway the guy from virgin asked me for the MAC code then said that it had been upgraded and i should reboot the modem which i have done numerous times and everytime i check the modem page it says im still on the 2mb service??,it says on my virgin media profile 10mb M package,but when i log into the cable modem page at 192.168.100.1 it says the following....

Cable Modem Operation Configuration
Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 2148000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 256000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled

what should i do?

any help would be greatly appreciated,many thanks

Peter_
27-06-2009, 10:48
Call Tech Support and ask them what is going on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 2 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

furlong86
27-06-2009, 10:57
as a virgin media employee what do you think could be the problem?

Peter_
27-06-2009, 11:18
as a virgin media employee what do you think could be the problem?
When they upgraded you manually you should have received an email saying it had gone through but it also depends if your area has been upgrade because if not you will have to wait till it has been done.

If you spoke to me I would have gone to website logged in for you with your permission and entered a contact email for you to be told when your upgrade comes into effect.

Plus have you also signed up for it http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/gofaster/

furlong86
27-06-2009, 11:21
i live in belfast,the guy told me the 10mb service had been in my area for a while now

VM area 26

Peter_
27-06-2009, 11:30
i live in belfast,the guy told me the 10mb service had been in my area for a while now

VM area 26
The best thing to do is call the numbers above and ask what is going on.

By the way are you getting your broadband through a Set Top Box or a Modem.

furlong86
27-06-2009, 11:40
ambit 250 modem

Peter_
27-06-2009, 12:34
ambit 250 modem

That modem is fine for 10Mb.

furlong86
27-06-2009, 13:45
must be some clowns that work for virgin media then if they cannot do a simple manual speed increase

Peter_
27-06-2009, 14:23
must be some clowns that work for virgin media then if they cannot do a simple manual speed increase
If your area has not been upgraded then you will not get the speed even if they have put the uplift code on your account, check here for your area upgrade date.

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/gofaster/timetable.php

furlong86
27-06-2009, 15:50
i phoned virgin media there and they say there is a problum upgrading my modem to the 10mb,and that they need to send out a new modem witch will be automatically configured to the 10mb service,they said all i need to do is phone and register the new cable modem once it arrives on tuesday!,

what a melt!

Peter_
27-06-2009, 16:08
i phoned virgin media there and they say there is a problum upgrading my modem to the 10mb,and that they need to send out a new modem witch will be automatically configured to the 10mb service,they said all i need to do is phone and register the new cable modem once it arrives on tuesday!,

what a melt!
When did you order the modem, because if it was today the order will not be processed till Monday and delivery would be more likely to be Wednesday or Thursday and you need to call Tech Support so they can add the modem MAC address to your account.

You have a Ambit 250 so they are talking through their backsides about it not being able to run 10Mb.

furlong86
27-06-2009, 16:20
the guy said that i need a new modem sent out,so must be monday before it will be dispatched!,prob get it on wednesday

gulf4uk
27-06-2009, 20:09
HI Just clicked on the upgrade timetable and GUILDFORD register now to Benifit
and my account details says 2mb M . I reset the modem Daily speed test says 1.9mb
in last 5 minutes Modem is ok for 10Meg NTL HOME 200

Any updates is Guilford area Mine is GU14 ready

TONY

gulf4uk
28-06-2009, 10:56
=============GOOD NEWS=================
Your upgrade will be UK Wide in 2days

well like me i am Ducking the pigs flying about .Call to virgin this morning
operater 1 no idea what i am talking about not her dep transfers me
to Faults

operterator 2 india

had to give full details again and again and again . informed i will need new
MODEM i dont been there done this worn out a few teashirts . then told
ok we have checked 2 days 30 june All country will be upgraded at same time Insisted this is utter nonsence but was told no its correct

WE SHALL SEE

Tony

GU14 AREA

Peter_
28-06-2009, 13:27
Well here is the Official timetable and nowhere does it mention everyone being upgraded in 2 days times, I wonder what he was smoking when he sais that.

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/gofaster/timetable.php

gulf4uk
28-06-2009, 13:37
And if you look down middle column 6 entry GUILDFORD ? As i said to him i dont think you have a clue but insisted i be patient as in 2 days we would all be very Happy
perhaps there passing round what he was on

LaineY
28-06-2009, 20:01
When you register for the speed upgrade it can take between 2/48 hours to register.

If you are in an area where you have registered and have not got it within a week, the department that should be called is Virgin Media Customer Care not Technical Support.

Technical Support can do a quick 2 second look and tell you, you are still on 2mb.

Customer Care look at service codes. If the uplift code has been added correctly your modem should upgrade pretty quickly (if its been added and you have pc guard services added on there that you pay montly for there can be problems getting the modem active as these Paid services need to be removed first as PCG is free on 10mb)

Some areas say they are complete and I'm not 100% convinced myself until i see the modem sitting on 10mb. If the modem is still locked onto the 2mb docsis after 3-4 days of you registering for the 2-10mb upgrade then you are 100% correct its not active yet and something is clearly not right.

Give Virgin Media a phone.

Peter_
28-06-2009, 21:24
If you are in an area where you have registered and have not got it within a week, the department that should be called is Virgin Media Customer Care not Technical Support.

Technical Support can do a quick 2 second look and tell you, you are still on 2mb.

Customer Care look at service codes. If the uplift code has been added correctly .
We can see the uplift code on the account it actually says uplift on the relevant account screen.

gulf4uk
28-06-2009, 21:57
Thanks chaps all this very Usefull information but no need to Worry its all in Hand
India said in 2 days all will be right with the world we will all be happy on 10
this pig S++T I collected today anygood for the roses all the pigs flying about good few tons of the stuff . And MOLDOVA New Travelodge soon to open in gu14 land for you
to Try

THANKS GUYS

T

gulf4uk
30-06-2009, 17:45
few hours to go before the big Switch on but am a bit worried just came
past a local PIG Farm and there practising take off and Landing but ive
bought a new Bucket and Spade

tony

Blotch
30-06-2009, 21:18
few hours to go before the big Switch on but am a bit worried just came
past a local PIG Farm and there practising take off and Landing but ive
bought a new Bucket and Spade

tony

Hi Tony,
Thought I'd pop back in here to see how you're getting on, sorry to hear you still haven't been upgraded yet. I've been on 10Mb M for about 6 weeks now, I must have been the first in this area (area 26, GU16, 1 mile from F'boro), and most of my neighbours still haven't got it despite registering over a month ago! My only advice is to keep on calling them, it took me 2 or 3 calls before I got it.

Brian

gulf4uk
01-07-2009, 11:01
HI

Regular chats to them on various thing might as well not bother
and as thought no change this morning

Tony

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

ANOTHER POINTLESS CALL TO VIRGIN

Am told Maybe start upgrade 15 july switch on AUGUST But i can have it now
for 4.00 EXTRA then wait 24 hours all is done .now free upgrade

gulf4uk
02-07-2009, 10:31
HI

OK His instant on line upgrade worked and its now showing 9MB but why was it
necessary to have to keep phoning them and how did he upgrade on line
have checked with accounts i am on the upgraded service .
So moral seems to be PHONE PHONE PHONE and ARgue the point

TONY

Doono
02-07-2009, 16:38
you sure they upgraded you? Sounds to me like they just moved you onto the higher stm limits 10mb for an extra £4 a month.

gulf4uk
02-07-2009, 16:43
Exactly what i thought so i phoned this morning to accounts and asked for
a check and was told you are upgraded NO CHARGE so i will wait now for bill

TONY

bikeman
02-07-2009, 18:58
30 June gone - all country upgrade certainly didn't happen here.