PDA

View Full Version : Sick to death of virgin now.

Theninjagecko
26-06-2009, 19:53
Last monthe i upgrapded to 50 meg and they decided after an hour of a successfull installation they would cut me off because my account was over, even tho my bill wasnt due to be paid for 2 weeks.

Paid what they demanded to restore my services, now this monthe get the £50 for my internet and £35 installation charges, and guess what, thats right my services have been cut off on the day my bill was emailed out to me. Not due untill the 16th of july!

just to point out i dont recall ever missing a payment beyound when it was due and now this is twice my services have been cut for no apparent reason and no explanation.

i dont own a virgin landline and dont have credit upon my mobile to call them.

emailing them through the right page that you put all your details on, last bill information results in a resonse " we cannot deal with your request for security reasons please call us"

Im sorry but is virgin now run by a bunch of morons. I really cant see myself staying with virgin for another 4 years.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but to top off an appaling 50 meg service with an appaling customer service is just past a joke.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

just to clarify, my services are cut off and my account is all clear, as usual.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Is anyone else getting cut off the day they recieve the bill?

zing_deleted
26-06-2009, 19:53
You can afford full whack for 50 meg but cant afford to top up your mobile?

http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php whole load of freephone numbers if you can ask a neighbour to use their landline.

Theninjagecko
26-06-2009, 20:03
You can afford full whack for 50 meg but cant afford to top up your mobile?

http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php whole load of freephone numbers if you can ask a neighbour to use their landline.

Thanks for the link, Altho I dont think my being able to top up my mobile phone has much to do with the quality, or should i say lack of with virgins "flagship" product.

Peter_
26-06-2009, 20:06
Thanks for the link, Altho I dont think my being able to top up my mobile phone has much to do with the quality, or should i say lack of with virgins "flagship" product.
Do you have a BT phone line as 50Mb support is on a freefone number.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
50Mb support line number.

0800 052 0431

Do not call if not 50Mb as you will be asked to hang up as the is no facility to transfer you to Broadband Support.

Theninjagecko
26-06-2009, 20:41
Do you have a BT phone line as 50Mb support is on a freefone number.

50Mb support line number.

0800 052 0431

Do not call if not 50Mb as you will be asked to hang up as the is no facility to transfer you to Broadband Support.

Yeh i walked up the phonebox and tryed that number last monthe and got " no faults in your area" then a dead dial tone.

I know its exactly what they did last monthe. all lights on accept the tick light, thats flashing.

Is it possible to out right cancel the service via an email system? or do i have to call them up? my account is clear and i dont owe them any money.

Also last time i called "after the phone box" i was talking to some guy who had his mouth filled with food and did not want to help me. Luckily a day later my services came back on.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Just borrowed my m8s phone, the woman didnt seem to know what was wrong and booked a techy for monday morning.

I know exactly whats wrong, they mixed up my bill again and cut me off. same as last month.

she said that there i sno fault in my area and my connection is live.

zing_deleted
26-06-2009, 20:46
maybe your modem just does not sync or something else are the lights solid that are meant to be?

Theninjagecko
26-06-2009, 20:53
maybe your modem just does not sync or something else are the lights solid that are meant to be?

All lights are on, tick light is flashing, think that means not getting an ip from them or dns problem?