PDA

View Full Version : Car legal advice

southwell
26-06-2009, 18:21
Hi all,

I bought an 06 Mazda 6 from a Volvo Dealer (the same franchise run Volvo and Mazda)
On the test drive i noticed the parking sensors didnt work and that 2nd gear was clunky.
I agreed a deal as long as the problems were fixed.

The car has been in 3 times for the parking sensors, the main control unit has failed, they replaced that then the left sensor is dead too so it needs to go in again.
The gearbox is now smoother and no problems were found.
Now for my main problem. After driving to Wales a few weeks ago the engine note completely changed and there was a big vibration in the cabin, this only happened in 6th and once on tickover. Once cooled down it stopped. After that it seems to happen after about 30-50miles of driving, and the other night it did it in every gear until it cooled back down.

My mate checked the gearbox level and it was OK but im not happy as ive only had it 6 weeks and the warranty ran out 8 weeks ago.

The warranty company do not cover dianosing a car and because the problem only happens some times it would require a complete strip, which if they didn't find a fault i would be completely liable for.

My question is where do i stand on this? Have i been patient enough and could demand a refund for all these problems or am i screwed?

Many thanks for your time

Ian

Graham M
26-06-2009, 18:55
Citizens advice would be your best bet :)

fireman328
26-06-2009, 21:45
Sale of goods act, not suitable for the purpose to which it is proposed to be put. If it is a private sale you may have problems getting it sorted. Otherwise contact local trading standards should help.

superbiatch
26-06-2009, 21:57
I'd also contact Mazda CS, you might find they'll be quite understanding. I know people who've been a year out of manufacturers warranties and had faults fixed ;)

Have you checked on Mazda forums too to make sure its not a common fault?

southwell
26-06-2009, 22:02
Thanks all. Going down there armed with dates, times and problems. Im not having a car with a dodgy gearbox, and even if they want to fix it, i dont want something which has had a patch job. I have printed out info from advise bureau.

Cheers again, wish me luck. :D