PDA

View Full Version : Broadband packages on Virgin Media

johnlfitz
24-06-2009, 17:16
I'm on Broadband L (10Mbit) and I'm paying £25 per month for this. Customer support confirmed this was correct. Can anyone else confirm it's £25 per month for a 10Mbit service.

It's just that I've seen http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/compare.html and it states normal price is £14 for 10Mbit, £20 for 20Mbit and £35 for 50Mbit.

Which prices are correct ?

fatassmichael
24-06-2009, 17:21
those are the prices, but you have to add an extra £11 to them for the VM landline rental, so they would be £25, £31 and £46 after the first 3 months.

johnlfitz
24-06-2009, 17:28
those are the prices, but you have to add an extra £11 to them for the VM landline rental, so they would be £25, £31 and £46 after the first 3 months.

So, in reality, it's £25, because they force you to take a phone line?

I've been a customer for over 10 years since NTL (and Cable & Wireless before that) and I'm sure 10Mbit has previously been cheaper ...... ????
:confused:

fatassmichael
24-06-2009, 17:54
you dont have to take the phoneline, you can have standalone products. Which services do you currently have? I'm sure someone from VM on ths board can tell you if you are paying the correct prices.

BenMcr
24-06-2009, 18:13
BB L will always show as £25 before discounts.

However from the 2nd of Feb anyone taking out or upgrading to BB L get a £5 discount

johnlfitz
24-06-2009, 19:14
you dont have to take the phoneline, you can have standalone products. Which services do you currently have? I'm sure someone from VM on ths board can tell you if you are paying the correct prices.

OK - here's the breakdown of my last bill (just received today):

Telephone Line Rental £11.00
Talk Unlimited £7.95
Phone & BB Bundle Saving -£8.00
Fully Itemised Billing £0.00
TV Size: M £0.00
1 Additional V Box £15.00
V+ Box £5.00
Add Set Box(es) Discount -£10.00
Broadband Size: L -£25.00
Paper Bill Charge £1.25

I've never asked for the The Talk Unlimited and Paper Bill Charge .... ? :erm:

Northeast_user
24-06-2009, 20:17
I'm on Broadband L (10Mbit) and I'm paying £25 per month for this. Customer support confirmed this was correct. Can anyone else confirm it's £25 per month for a 10Mbit service.

It's just that I've seen http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/compare.html and it states normal price is £14 for 10Mbit, £20 for 20Mbit and £35 for 50Mbit.

Which prices are correct ?

I've also been with this company for many years. I complained about the price I was being charged and couldn't get any joy. Try asking to be put through to retentions and ask the guy/lady on the other end what the best price they can offer you. I have XL BB-XL TV and evening and weekends for the phone, And I pay 51quid a month. Im not sure how good this is, But it's alot better than the price I was being charged.

Good Luck. ( and be nice to the person on the other end of the line ;) )

fatassmichael
24-06-2009, 20:22
you can sign up to e-billing to remove the paper bill charge, you just wont receive a bill in the post, if you dont use/need talk unlimited, give vm a call on 150 to get it removed, as for currennt deals/package prices, post the advanced charges section from your bill and some kind vm bod can let you know if your paying over the odds, or may be able to suggest a comparable/better package.

BenMcr
24-06-2009, 22:19
OK - here's the breakdown of my last bill (just received today):

Telephone Line Rental £11.00
Talk Unlimited £7.95
Phone & BB Bundle Saving -£8.00
Fully Itemised Billing £0.00
TV Size: M £0.00
1 Additional V Box £15.00
V+ Box £5.00
Add Set Box(es) Discount -£10.00
Broadband Size: L -£25.00
Paper Bill Charge £1.25

I've never asked for the The Talk Unlimited and Paper Bill Charge .... ? :erm:
Those prices are right for services taken out before the 2nd Feb

You have an £8 discount for BB L - so are paying £16 a month for it. You could remove the Talk Unlimited if you don't want it, and all customers have been charged for paper bills since 1st May - unless they sign up to e-billing

Maxie
24-06-2009, 23:47
I've just noticed on the Virgin Homepage that the "VIP XL" Bundle is being offered at £77 a month on a 12 month contract. Ive had this bundle since it first was available and i've been paying £88 a month ever since.......and still am.
i was actually looking at SKY's packages the other day for the first time in a while. anyone reckon its worth ringing Virgin, or will i get no joy.
Its a bit annoying paying nigh on £90 plus (when you include the odd phone call to the bank etc) and its available now for £77!!!!!

BenMcr
25-06-2009, 00:02
It's

£77 a month When you take a Virgin Phone line for £11 a month.

As it says on the page itself!!!! (http://www.virginmedia.com/vip)

That means it is £88 a month

Maxie
25-06-2009, 20:29
It's

£77 a month When you take a Virgin Phone line for £11 a month.

As it says on the page itself!!!! (http://www.virginmedia.com/vip)

That means it is £88 a month

Fair enough, i missed that, sorry.

Is £88 a month standard for VIP XL then?? I know people on other forums (a football forum i know) where its been mentioned that some people are getting this package for £60-ish a month!! Any truth in that?

Also, will the Broadband go up to 50mb automatically, or is there a price increase??

cheers

BenMcr
25-06-2009, 20:45
Is £88 a month standard for VIP XL then??Yes

I know people on other forums (a football forum i know) where its been mentioned that some people are getting this package for £60-ish a month!! Any truth in that?
Unlikely to be the same package exactly - even if it is, it won't be for much longer (as there is continual idenifying and removal of invalid discounts)

Also, will the Broadband go up to 50mb automatically, or is there a price increase??50Mbit with VIP is an extra £10 + install/activation

Maxie
25-06-2009, 20:51
Yes

Unlikely to be the same package exactly - even if it is, it won't be for much longer (as there is continual idenifying and removal of invalid discounts)

50Mbit with VIP is an extra £10 + install/activation

Cheers, just rang CS for exact price and was told that. Said id have to go away and think about it (economic climate being what it is etc) and the fella said he'd knock off the £30 fee for me......so.......:D