PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bravia built in Cable Receiver

sloboda
19-06-2009, 16:25
The new Sony Bravia range (W5500 etc) have a built in Cable receiver, their website says it may be compatible with networks in various countries but is not specific.... According to the Sony site - you just have to plug the virgin coax lead in. Before I go out and buy a set to test this theory out - was wondering if anyone had tried it on Virgin and got it to work?

We have a virgin subscription and a virgin supplied Samsung receiver, but having two controllers is the usual pain in the backside....and my wife hates the clutter and cables of having a DVD player and receiver under the TV.

This isn't anything to do with trying to get services for free - just streamlining!

Nik.

BenMcr
19-06-2009, 16:38
It may work, but it would be extremely limited in the number of channels (BBC only probably) it could pick up and you would also be breaking the terms of your contract with VM

zing_deleted
19-06-2009, 16:41
They only install this for models in countries where it is allowed. My Bravia also says it can have cable but not in the UK

I have a one4all remote that works my TV SKY+HD V+ DVD and Home cinema receiver and can do upto 12 devices and learn functions off old remotes ;)